Holiday Inn Cambridge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$306
US$236
Hilton
US$226
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$124
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
US$167
US$156
Agoda.com
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$68
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
US$209
US$168
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
US$89
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Bar/Lounge
1,148 results
All reviewsexecutive roomswimming poolpancake machinetwo double bedsleisure facilitieshealth clubcity centreplenty of parkinggood sizesteam roompark and ridefamily roomminute drivereception staffpublic areasweekend breakquiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night on business
The quality of the conference facilities was excellent
Reception is bright and very well managed
The executive rooms are just perfect
It's a Shame I didn't get chance to try the pool
Food was lovely
Would stay again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive review and feedback, I am very pleased
that you had a good stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge again in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This last weekend, the 16th - 17th November 2013 was my first stay at the Holiday Inn at Impington. It was for my son's wedding reception. The experience I had with the staff, that's everyone I came into contact with, was excellent, very professional. The room itself was a delight. I was a bit concerned because it was on ground level but as the weather was chilly, didn't need to have a window open overnight. Compared to a recent stay in a very posh country house, this venue was no caparison. Here, rooms were clean, spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was excellent and it was really pleasant to chill there with our cuppa. I'd thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: We had room 105, very close to the function room. Perhaps not the best place for a quiet nap...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am very pleased that you had a great stay for your son's Wedding last weekend.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Its a Holiday Inn and thats what you get. Efficient check in, well kept rooms in good condition and plenty of space. Easy to reach and find on the outskirts of Cambridge. Situated back from the road so little or no traffic noise at night. Good breakfast, pay for it when you arrive for the best price. Overall very acceptable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and good recommendations. I am pleased you liked our spacious bedrooms and good breakfast.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stay in this hotel most weeks and I cannot fault the staff attentiveness - everyone is keen to make sure the customer receives the best experience. The food has improved consistently over the last couple of years, with breakfast in particular being a delight (I don't often eat dinner here). The only reason for dropping one star is that the hotel could do with a refurb of some rooms but the communal areas are nicely finished and up yo date.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for review and recommendation. I am pleased that the staff have been attentive over the years and that you have seen an improvement in the food also. I am hoping for a Bedroom refurbishment soon.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge again in the
future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This should have been a 4 or 5, but marks have been lost on two counts which I am happy to share,
It's my kind of hotel ....... not surrounded by traffic, nice grounds, smart, well laid out. I'm a fan of Holiday Inns so the first impression was good as I arrived. Ample parking and a friendly check in. I'd had a busy day and was a bit tired, so planned to eat early and settle down to watch TV and have an early night with a good nights sleep. The bar area (where I planned to eat) was busy due to some social function that was on, therefore I got a drink and was kind of forced into the restaurant instead. Not too much of a problem, but my issue is this. Because of the semi-rural location and lack of easily accessible alternatives, Holiday Inn have "got you". They charge £4.50 a pint BECAUSE THEY CAN. And once seated in the restaurant, I got the menu, which was decent choice in theory but again terrible pricing. I work away a lot, and gone are the days I have the tree courses and all the trimmings every night, and of course I am on an allowance. So my options, not wanting anything fancy or too pricey, were Pasta or a burger. For which they charge over £14. BECAUSE THEY CAN. Its not reasonable, and I require no corporate glittery response to justify it. So a mark taken off for the pricing. The second mark is taken off for the quality. The £14 bowl of a moderate portion of salmon pasta wasn't the best and I felt unwell all night. As I write this 2 days later, I still feel a little as though I am suffering from the effects of a dodgy meal and I possibly have a small fish bone causing a nuisance in my throat. Add to that the restaurant staff (who to be fair were friendly and efficient, if a little TOO cheesy) constantly asking "everything OK with your meal Sir") should have added to my suspicions. Literally 4 staff each of who must have asked me three or four times. The restaurant itself was nice and as mentioned elsewhere I am a fan of Holiday Inns. Maybe (and hopefully) this meal was a one off but not good. Second point lost.
My room was OK (when I found it) and was spacious, tidy and modern, with a nice TV. The bathroom was adequate, although not quite to the standard of the room, so maybe there is an upgrade process going on. It was certainly OK though. I didn't have the best nights sleep due to a) the food and b) the single bed which was very light and moved every time I tossed and turned. Again, a minor point and not a problem exclusive to Holiday Inns.
Breakfast was in the same restaurant area as the night before, so I was unsure what to expect, but it seemed the usual self-service / buffet affair. I had a little. It was hardly inspiring, but at the same time not too bad - it didn't seem overly warm and I'm not sure how many times the sausages had made an appearance; I would guess they had been warmed up a few times. Similarly the coffee wasn't exactly hot, but to be honest, breakfast is breakfast and is just a quick start to the day for me.
Checkout was OK, and settled quickly, although I mentioned to the lady about the food and got the response "well if it had been the food you wouldn't have felt ill straight away". Maybe she was medically qualified ?
So overall, I would stay there again and hope that the food issue was a one off. Aesthetically, it was one of the nicer Holiday Inns, smart and tidy, but cost wise I think it was too pricey for food and drink. And at £128 a night I would have thought £5 for an hours Wi-fi is a bit of a rip off too.

Room Tip: Seem a popular busy hotel, sneak your own drinks in if you are averse to high bar prices. :-)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your very detailed review and feedback. We share all our responses with the team, and we will be discussing this further. If you would like to share this experience further please do
contact my Operations Manager Daniel Sharpe who would be happy to hear your feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge again in the