“One night weekend stay”

Holiday Inn Cambridge
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Arrived late PM Saturday Aug 23rd to a very quick and friendly check in having booked on Holiday Inn on line, we were upgraded to an executive room which was very modern and in a very quiet area of the hotel - excellent sleep. Spent Saturday night in the bar which was quiet but lacked a bit of atmosphere but modern and with good service. Sunday morning breakfast was very busy and although staff were very good it was pretty frantic with some food running low around 9.45am.
We had an enjoyable stay and haved also stayed in the past its one of my chosen hotels for loacation ie ten mins to Cambridge centre (in a cab) and 20 mins walk to the nice village of Histon - pubs etc. Plenty of parking and nice rural location.

Room Tip: Walk to Histon for a drink (The boot) or food (Chinese - book) Local area very nice and you can hir...
1  Thank ian1066_12
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with an excellent sleep too!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Cambridge

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Amazing stay, The room was very large and immaculately clean as was the bathroom. the staff were very friendly and attentive. The curtains were black out curtains which was lovely, in the morning, I had no idea what time it was as they did the job so well.The breakfast in the morning was delicious it was very well cooked and there was plenty of everything. There was someone going round all the time with tea/coffee refills. There is a lovely swimming pool for the use of guests and the outside areas were very well kept. Would definitly recommend it and will stay there again.

1  Thank Mazygoose

Dear Guest
Thank you for your amazing feedback! I am pleased you had a great stay.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Overall the Hotel was wonderful and good value for money.

Rooms were large and all amenities were wonderful.

Breakfast was very good.The food was great and staff were attentive, helpful and friendly and buffet was great!

Location is a little out of town but we did know this when we booked.

Overall id recommend this hotel and most certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Ranunetily25
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am pleased your stay was wonderful, and you found the staff friendly, attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

having not experienced this chain before I was pleasantly surprised. Room was spacious, bathroom adequate although the extractor did not work. Meal on the first night was very tasty and good quality - pheasant with choc sauce (complimentary and better than it sounds) with honey glazed carrots, cabbage, broc and potatoes. Starter of tomato and mozzarella ball and pudding of lemon sorbet cheesecake - that was very tasty and refreshing. Companion had chicken parfait, rib eye steak and the cheeseboard - equally well presented and tasty. I asked for coffee and cream - unfortunately no cream!!!!! On the whole staff attentive. Second night was quite late eating - 9pm. Not as impressed with the food although I did this time get my coffee and cream. Overall not a bad stay.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you found the staff attentive and the Holiday Inn brand pleasantly surprised you!

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a very nice place with a country feel about it
However the rooms are old and tired with shabby furniture and 80's looking bathrooms
At my last stay my room key given at the reception did not work and as my room was a long way away it was very distressing as I had my cases to drag back and forth!
0I am booked in this week and will provide feedback on
any improvements or not!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Pravs_12
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and I hope you have noticed a difference as some of our rooms have been refurbished recently. I apologise for the key issue I will take this up with our Front desk and Maintenance team to look at the locks.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, lovely hotel, fab facilities and great location. The only negative was that one have to pay for WiFi and it wasn't cheap. In a 4 star hotel one would expect a free WiFi. Also, if you booking last minute call the hotel to confirm your bed preferences. We ended up with twin beds, husband not happy. The beds are very comfy though.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivonao
Robin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you found the hotel fab with friendly staff who looked after you. We do offer free Wifi to all our IHG rewards members and it is very easy to join.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a two night break to visit Cambridge and then drive onto Bedford for my husbands birthday. I had advised the hotel of this and they did leave a bottle of wine and a card for him in the room :)

I am a gold member and this was acknowledged at check in. We were booked into a family room and had been upgraded to executive (not sure if this was linked to birthday) We were allocated room 177 which was a fair walk on the ground floor. The room was clean as you would expect but very hot (it came to light we had one of the magic radiators!)

The first night we heard the person upstairs walking around and the floorboards were very creaky, this actually woke us up in the morning and what with the heat from the radiator was not a great start.

At breakfast we were greeted very warmly by Jenson (aka in our eyes as Agent Cho from The Mentalist - lovely chap) who showed us to our table and organised our drinks. Breakfast was very straight forward and there was plenty of choice. My son especially liked the pancake maker, he was in his element.

We advised reception of the floorboards and we were offered another room but declined as it wasn't the end of the world. Maintenance was called regarding the radiator and we were given very thorough instructions as to where to catch a local bus into Cambridge.

When we were ready to go out maintenance arrived (3 men) and they were surprised that the radiator was on which is where we found out it was a magic one!

After a long day in Cambridge we came back to use the leisure facilities. My husband made use of the fully equipped gym and my son and I used the pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub.

Second night was pleasant and again at breakfast we were greeted so warmly again.

We checked out mid morning and had a very pleasant stay. This is a great base for visiting Cambridge.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank BoozyP

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review. I am very pleased that your husband enjoyed his birthday stay, and that your son like the pancakes at breakfast. Your special mention to Jenson will be passed onto him, we aim to offer a great hotel that guests love.