1,204 results
All reviewsexecutive roompancake machineswimming poolleisure facilitiestwo double bedshealth clubcity centregood sizeplenty of parkingsteam roompark and ridefamily roompublic areasminute drivereception staffweekend breakquiet location
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Looks like any other Holiday Inn used to look 20 years ago - obviouasly hasn't had a cent spent on it in ages.

Staff were overworked (checkout took forever) and not very knowledgable (given the smell of the restaurant we quickly decided to go out for dinner and they were incapable of making any decent recommendations).

Hotel smelled horrid in the Lobby, the room seemed dirty (althugh that might have been the age)

Location is by a highway on the outskirts of town (impossible if you don't have a car - and even if you do the Carpark is a good150 metres from the entrance to the hotel).

To add to the insult I was paying £120 pounds for the dump - all of Cambridge was, as is often the case, full so I suppose they felt they could charge as much as they liked, never renovate or clean the lace and not sufficiently staff it.

Defenitely the last time I stay in a Holiday Inn in the UK.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2009

They say first impressions count and I must admit I was disappointed when I was told at check-in that it would be two hours before there would a free table in the dining room. So I went for room service instead which was good and arrived in less than 30 minutes. The next day I had more luck and got a table - the food was good but service was slow.

Staff all seemed to be polite and effcient even though the hotel was very busy. My room was of a good size although some of the decor was a bit tired.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Stayed a number of times, rooms are OK but some could do with refurbishment, they suffer from the normal things like windows not shutting properly and very dim lighting. Bathrooms are OK but still have shower curtains rather than a screen, Holiday Inns in the US at least have a curved curtain rail so that the curtain does not touch you when you're in the shower. Food is quite good but not cheap, breakfast is pretty good and you can check out while having breakfast which is a great time saver. Internet access is via a cable in the room and WiFi in the public areas and is extortionately expensive, as a business hotel this should be free! Empty mini bars in most rooms (why?) so the fridge just uses power and makes noise.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I stayed here for one night whilst on a course at the Cambridge Science park. This hotel is comfortable and fine for a business trip, but I wouldn't dream of staying here if on holiday.

It's just off the A14 and has ample parking. The rooms are clean, well equipped and spacious. Service is very good and friendly. I got a free newspaper (Independent) as a Priority Club reward.

If you're not travelling by car it's a poor place to stay. I walked into the city centre (although I had driven there after a day sitting down I wanted to stretch my legs). It was at least 45 minutes walk into the city - along not particularly pleasant roads - and to get back cost about £10 in a cab.

I was surprised and a little disappointed that the soundproofing between the rooms was quite poor - I could clearly hear the person in the next room opening and closing cupboard doors, arriving and leaving.

In summary this place is fine if you're on business, travelling by car and don't particularly want to do anything other than sit at the bar with other solo business travellers in the evening. Otherwise I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We stayed here whilst visiting family nearby, on an autumn saver deal which gave us 2 nights B&B with one evening meal. There were a few minor issues (see below) but overall it was a good stay. You need a car to stay here as it is out of town.
We stayed in a family room with two double beds, a sofa, a chair and a coffee table which was very roomy although the mattresses were quite soft. We got this room as it was the same price as the normal double (so worth checking when you book).
The minor issues we had were one towel between two which they very quickly rectified, expensive internet and also turning on the fridge led to a bill for the minibar which again they quickly sorted out.
The swimming pool / jacuzzi etc were very good, the food at breakfast and the evening meal were good for a hotel.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple