“Great day trip”

Ranked #16 of 44 Tours in Cambridge
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided tours from Cambridge for visitors to Britain. Our tours visit some of the finest places across England for history, sightseeing and culture. Your driver-guide offers a personal, professional and informative insight to Britain with guided walking tours of each destination. Tours operate every week.
Cambridge, Verenigd Koninkrijk
“Great day trip”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The driver/guide Matt is briljant. He does a great job giving you a pleasant day! I hope I'll find the time to take another roots-trip!

Visited May 2013

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“" Well organized"”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I went to almost all day tours of Roots Travel organized every weekend.Twice in Stonehenge which never ceased to amazed me. Bath, Brighton, Salisbury, Beachy Head, Averbury, Windsor, Oxford,Stratford Upon Avon and York . Different weather conditions never be a problem. The guide Matt was friendly, safety conscious, punctual, attentive , articulate . Open to bring food in his coach and can be pick up and drop off to convenient place around Cambridge. I learned a lot about Englands history ,facts and culture in every place visited. There was a balanced of guide tour and free time for shopping. If I have to come back to Cambridge I would like to join more tours especially York. You'll never be alone when you are in his group.

Visited February 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable and Value for Money”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We went on the Stonehenge and Bath tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Matt, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable and has a great amiable manner about him. The price is also good because it turns out cheaper than using the train, plus you get interesting facts as you go along. .

Visited April 2013
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Well planned!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Owing to the bad weather, I decided to take Roots tour rather than public transport. I took Bath and Stonehenge tour over the weekend. Amazingly scheduled tour!!! It was the perfect balance between free time and guided tour! Matt was punctual, interactive and clear in communicating the schedule even across language barriers. He also has in depth knowledge about history of the places. First stop was at Stonehenge where we had a free time for about an hour and half. Matt gave us an introduction to the place followed by suggestions on arranging our free time in Stonehenge , informing us about the audio guide and its usage. We then were taken to Bath for lunch and to spend the rest of the day. There again, we had free time to visit Bath Abbey and Roman Bath followed by guided walking tour to Royal Cresent and The Circus. On way back, we stopped to pick up dinner and were dropped off at our pick-up points. What can I say! This tour was well organized , rather than running from a place to another and highly guest oriented!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Oneiro006
Houston
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“2 amazing tours from Cambridge. Planning on more in the future.”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I went on 2 tours this weekend which were incredibly good. From Cambridge there are various pickup/drop off points with point to point travel on day one to Stonehenge and Bath and on day 2 to Windsor and Oxford all of which are very time consuming and expensive to reach by public transport. The guide Matt was brilliant, articulate and attentive and able to clearly communicate to diverse groups of people for different countries and seemed truly interested in his guests. There was a nice balance of a guide tour and free time. I learned many interesting historical notes that I hadn’t heard from various guide books and Internet sites. I plan to take several more tours during the upcoming year when I am in Cambridge and can’t recommend this group highly enough.

Visited April 2012