“Stonehenge and Bath day trip”

Roots Travel & Tours
Ranked #16 of 47 Tours in Cambridge
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided tours from Cambridge for visitors to Britain. Our tours visit some of the finest places across England for history, sightseeing and culture. Your driver-guide offers a personal, professional and informative insight to Britain with guided walking tours of each destination. Tours operate every week.
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We took this day trip with Guide/Driver Matt Hayes in June and thoroughly enjoyed it. We travelled on a very comfortable mini bus with 16 passengers. Matt is an exceptionally pleasant, articulate and knowledgable guide. Even though it was a full day, we spent enough time in both venues to really enjoy them. We would definitely recommend this company and well worth money.

2  Thank Alandme
in 4 reviews
"sites"
"stories"

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The driver/guide Matt is briljant. He does a great job giving you a pleasant day! I hope I'll find the time to take another roots-trip!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I went to almost all day tours of Roots Travel organized every weekend.Twice in Stonehenge which never ceased to amazed me. Bath, Brighton, Salisbury, Beachy Head, Averbury, Windsor, Oxford,Stratford Upon Avon and York . Different weather conditions never be a problem. The guide Matt was friendly, safety conscious, punctual, attentive , articulate . Open to bring food in his coach and can be pick up and drop off to convenient place around Cambridge. I learned a lot about Englands history ,facts and culture in every place visited. There was a balanced of guide tour and free time for shopping. If I have to come back to Cambridge I would like to join more tours especially York. You'll never be alone when you are in his group.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We went on the Stonehenge and Bath tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Matt, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable and has a great amiable manner about him. The price is also good because it turns out cheaper than using the train, plus you get interesting facts as you go along. .

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Owing to the bad weather, I decided to take Roots tour rather than public transport. I took Bath and Stonehenge tour over the weekend. Amazingly scheduled tour!!! It was the perfect balance between free time and guided tour! Matt was punctual, interactive and clear in communicating the schedule even across language barriers. He also has in depth knowledge about history of the places. First stop was at Stonehenge where we had a free time for about an hour and half. Matt gave us an introduction to the place followed by suggestions on arranging our free time in Stonehenge , informing us about the audio guide and its usage. We then were taken to Bath for lunch and to spend the rest of the day. There again, we had free time to visit Bath Abbey and Roman Bath followed by guided walking tour to Royal Cresent and The Circus. On way back, we stopped to pick up dinner and were dropped off at our pick-up points. What can I say! This tour was well organized , rather than running from a place to another and highly guest oriented!

2  Thank Oneiro006