“Excellent guide and value”

Roots Travel & Tours
Ranked #16 of 47 Tours in Cambridge
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided tours from Cambridge for visitors to Britain. Our tours visit some of the finest places across England for history, sightseeing and culture. Your driver-guide offers a personal, professional and informative insight to Britain with guided walking tours of each destination. Tours operate every week.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I saw a flyer on a fence in Cambridge from Roots, found them later on the web and booked a tour to Stonehenge and the city of Bath. The tour was very well above my expectations and I learned a lot. Our guide Matt is up to date on what is known about stonehenge (he briefed us so well on the parking space just outside the site that I simply dismissed completely the audio guide). In Bath we had some time on our own to have lunch and visit the Roman bath that renders the city its name. The Matt led us on a very instructive guided tour. I learned a lot, not only about the city, but of British history in general. Things that a lot of people living in UK don't know. I highly recommend Roots.

1  Thank Marcelo_EG
in 4 reviews
"sites"
"stories"

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I initially booked two trips in one weekend (to Bath/Stonehenge, and to York) with Roots on the recommendation of a colleague. Although the recommendation had come early in the year, I found myself with only two months left in Cambridge (before returning to Australia) and realised I had not seen many of the UK's beautiful and historic towns. The first two tours I took were simply wonderful: a perfectly balanced day of road-tripping, useful and relevant information and walking tour provided by Matt, and some free time to explore my own interests at each site. After these trips I rearranged my final weekends in the UK to ensure I could do as many Roots tours as available! Matt's passion and knowledgability with regard to UK history is obvious and he is very enthusiastic to share this in an entertaining manner, thanks Matt :) I took tours to Oxford/Windsor (we saw the Queen drive past!) and Brighton/Beach Head - all worth seeing. I can highly recommend these tours to tourists to the UK and locals alike - so much learnt in a short time. Very enjoyable days out and some of the best memories of my time in the UK.

4  Thank Jodie G
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have done many of Matts day trips from Cambridge and have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them, some indeed I have done more than once. Matt is such a friendly and knowledgable guide and an extremely safe and proficient driver. A day spent with Matt on one of his tours is an absolute must when staying in Cambridge and wishing to see more of England. I have already recommended Matt's tours to several friends and family members, all of which were most impressed with their great day out with Roots Travel.

3  Thank Pam H
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were in Cambridge and wanted to take a day trip out of the city. We were delighted with this wonderful trip. Our guide, Mat, was fabulous. The trip included a scenic drive, a chance to walk in and out of the shops of Stratford, excellent historical background information and a scenic trip to the Cotswolds. I highly recommend this day trip.

1  Thank Sharon H