“Dinner at Bollywood Spice”
Review of Bollywood Spice - CLOSED

Bollywood Spice
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: formerly Owned by Waterbeach Branch. Now under new Ownership
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was our first trip to this establishment which is located in the building in Trumpington that was formerly 'The Volunteer' pub.

I dined at this restaurant on a monday night with one of my regular dinner companions. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a well appointed table by the window. There is no beer on draft but the bottled beer was well chilled. We had starters and mains which my fellow companion
described as 'delicious'. My food was very good. I had an irish coffee to finish which was fantastic. Price was reasonable. No complaints and we would go again.

1  Thank will t

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed for one night in Cambridge. This restaurant was within walking distance of where we were staying. Having good reviews we were eager to try it.
My wife and I both went for the 'set meal, standard' for 2 people at £12.95 each. We could have poppadoms and chutneys followed by any starter, followed by any curry, side dish, rice and nan. King prawn dishes were £2 extra.
The menu provided plenty of choice. The food and service was excellent.
We hope to have chance to visit again in the not too distant future.

1  Thank NorfolkNigel
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I would recommend the lamb madras very much! Their tandoori roti and nan are pretty good too. Nice clean interior. I also for the staff curry ( as i wanted a bit of authenticity) - and that was nice too!

1  Thank shafiur2013
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We sat for 45minutes waiting to pay by card then when we had finally had enough and offered what cash we had (half total bill) we were rudely spoken to! We hadn't been rude etc. so simply paid our "contribution" and then left.

Food was ok but suspect not fresh.

Service was slow and our second order of drinks needed a reminder.

1  Thank AnnaStCR
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have also passed this restaurant many times and thought we would give it a try. Lovely clean restaurant..relaxed atmosphere...great service and very friendly. The lady owner was very accomodating and couldnt have been more helpful. The saag panner was great, i also had the chefs lamb signature dish which was so tasty and full of fresh ingrediants. I only stopped eating due to being too full. Great spicy sauce to go with the poppadoms that i had never tried before. Definately looking forward to going back to try some more!!

2  Thank adelewoz