“Anchor? No contest”

Ranked #115 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Mill Pub in Cambridge is situated in an extremely picturesque location in central Cambridge overlooking the river Cam and its punting stations, The Mill is a delightfully traditional pub oozing character and charm. You will find a delicious offer of fresh food alongside a very impressive range of local cask beers. Outside is the Mill Pond and Sheeps Green alongside the Cam, where you can take food and drinks to relax and enjoy this tranquil, typically English setting. This historical pub has a warm and cosy atmosphere - it is perfect spot to meet with friends, enjoy a delicious meal or just relax with a quiet pint Surely one of the best pubs in Cambridge
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Came here at Christmas. Chef was rightly proud, lovely front of house, friendly service, dinner better than your mam's. Rare roast beef, trimmings to die for, fabulous, Fabulous cheeseboard, best I have ever had. Don't know how they do it for the price (about 22 quid for three lovely courses I recall). Forget the pretentious and overpriced anchor, eat here!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

It took 45 minutes from arriving in the pub at about 1350, to receiving the sandwiches we'd ordered.They were o.k., but nothing special at £5-6 each.Whilst we were there one of the totally inadequate staff was outside enjoying a fag with her boyfriend.I'll go to the Anchor next time!

1  Thank turtle9
Andrew P, Manager at The Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for coming to The Mill and writing a review. I am sorry that you had to wait so long for your meals. This is not the norm and we hope if you visit again you will find an improvement.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Whilst staying at the Hilton Doubletree nearby we thought we would pop in for an early drink and dinner. There was a friendly welcome and the home cooked meals were tasty and generous in size. Great value for money, it was two hearty meals for £20 from the daily specials board. Would certainly visit again...highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I'd never eaten at the Mill before, and my work's Christmas party was scheduled to be here. I was very pleasantly surprised that the service was quick and friendly, the meal was served in a timely way, the price was very reasonable, and wow, it was tasty and very generous in portion size. I recommend it.

Andrew P, Manager at The Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for your review, we have had a great time meeting new people this Christmas. I'm glad your first visit was special. Hope to see you back in soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I've written reviews of eating in this pub before - none of them very good. But this time the service was timely, the food was good quality pub food (I had some excellent fish and chips), and the beer - as always - was excellent.

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and that you keep coming back for our Fish & Chips. Hope to see you again soon.