“Friendly and superb cakes”
Review of Christine Patisserie - CLOSED

Christine Patisserie
Cuisines: French
Description: Great food, bread and baked good cooked on the premises, fresh and tasty.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I've been enjoying coffees and cakes by myself in this patisserie ever since it started up. For three years, we've ordered family birthday cakes from Cristine and the latest is as delicious as ever. She is an incredibly inventive cake maker and excellent at providing 'eats' for meetings, conferences and so on. A wonderful Brazilian friendliness pervades the place!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very poor. Quality has declined greatly and the owner, once quite friendly is now rude and unpleasant, to say the least. I will be avoiding in the future and would recommend others to do the same.

2  Thank kerry2468
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Just terrible!! It would of been better to order what I wanted from a tramp of the street! I just can't understand how Christine's Patisserie could ever get a good review unless she writes them herself!!

1  Thank mike f
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stumbled on Cristine's (no H) Patisserie whilst wandering round Cambridge last week. It's a tiny cafe with only 8 seats at 3 small tables, but most people take food away. We ate in, had two very tasty baguettes (one white and one brown) and two scrumptious cakes (we can recommend the chocolate and (Bailey's) Irish cream cake - but do share it as it's very rich). We both had pots of tea and there was plenty for 3 cups. All reasonably priced for Cambridge. Cristine herself - a Brazilian - is very friendly.
There was an impressive array of cakes on the counter, including wedding cakes, and you can order whole ones for your own get together.
Nice place.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Please note - this spelling is incorrect. Cristine does not have an 'h'.
This tiny cafe on the way to the Fitzwilliam Museum from central Cambridge has only 8 seats and although my partner has enjoyed a cup of coffee here in the past, what we really love about this little independent establishment is its range of authentic Brazilian bon-bons. They are very rich and very sweet, so one or two delicious mouthfuls is enough to transport you. I particularly like the coconut and clove variant made with rich thick condensed milk. There are also the rather scary-sounding 'mother in law's eye' (Ojo de Suegra) which is coconut and condensed milk plus a prune. These are perfect with a strong cup of coffee. I believe the generic name for these is Brigadeiro (on occasion there is a chocolate variant which is not particularly to my taste). We have also had a Bombocardo which is rather like the filling of a Portuguese Natas only even richer!
We have had delicious main-stream things from Cristine - an excellent peanut cookie and good quality shortbread discs - but it is the Brazilian delicacies that we really love.