“June's b&b is great.”

June's B&B
June's B&B
Ranked #91 of 123 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed at June's for the second time. Lovely and clean and comfortable. Despite being on a really strict diet, June made me a special breakfast so I didn't start the day on an empty stomach. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I booked a single room with full breakfast for 2 nights via Late Rooms.com for £35 per night.
I arrived at about 18:40 and was immediately greeted with "We have a little problem".
June told me that the booking was made by email and that at the time she was
abroad.You can respond to emails, June. They're not set in stone!

She told me that she only had a double room (see photo) with en-suite (see photo) and she could let me have it for £50 per night. I refused, then she said £45. I refused, then she
said £40. I started walking towards the front door, fuming.
She said I could have the room for £35.
The next morning, I walked towards the dining room via the kitchen and was greeted with
"What do you want? Have you come down for breakfast?" by Mr Nayar I presume.
I think he missed out on the free course on how to communicate with your guests, or even people for that matter.
I sat down in the Laundry-Diner (see photo) and was asked if I wanted Tea or Coffee.
As he was talking to me, Mr Nayar's hands were busy scratching his balls. I hope
he's going to wash them before he starts cooking (do these places get inspected
by Environmental Health and do these super chefs take any lessons on Hygiene: they certainly should!).
Mr Nayar asked me if I wanted my egg fried or scrambled; I said I would like it poached.
I was given a greasy badly fried egg with 2 slices of bacon, half a tomato from the fridge
(did he wash it at least, and did he touch it?) and a couple of spoonfuls of lukewarm baked beans. They obviously listen to their customers!
Don't bother asking your guests what they want, you've trained as a mind reader.
So 2 toasted slices of the cheapest white bread should do.
The selection of jams and marmalade redefines the meaning of the typical English Breakfast (see photo).
I paid June £35 and she gave me a receipt.
She then said that she won't be able to let me have the room again for the next
night at £35 with a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST.
I got the sob story that Late Rooms charge her 15% and she has to pay tax, etc
You're obviously in the wrong business.
I said it was not really my problem and she should resolve it with Late Rooms.
Once in the office, I received a text message asking me to let her know if I wanted
the room for £35 but with continental breakfast.
I replied, saying that I did not want any breakfast.
The next morning, I paid June £30 and asked for a receipt.
She grabbed the money and said she will not give me a receipt (If you've done this before,
I'm sure the Tax Man would like to have a chat with you).
The Tea and Coffee provided in the room have seen better days and some packets
have been "Handled" (see photos).
The shower in the en-suite is a mere trickle. Get it fixed June!
The positive side: the room was clean but nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: If you do stay there through no fault of your own, try not to stay in the front downstairs room: nea...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank FlyByGum F
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at Junes for one night in February and we were welcomed by June who was very friendly and helpful. A fresh pot of tea was bought to our room within a few minutes, which was a lovely touch as there are tea and coffee facilities in the rooms as well. The room was a bright, clean comfortable double with a clean en-suite shower room. June was willing to chat about the local area and gave us information on sightseeing and bus/travel directions and this was great as the town/restaurants and bars are only a short bus ride away and seven pounds in a taxi home. There was a nice choice for breakfast and it was cooked freshly to order. It was a great choice for us and if we ever went back to Cambridge for the weekend, then I would not hesitate to stay at Junes again.
The negative review seems very unjust to be honest- why would you have a problem with taking your muddy boots off, when its just to maintain a nice clean homely place for everyone? Thankyou june for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natasha n n
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and were made to feel so welcome by the friendly owners. The ensuite room was bright and clean with fresh towels and linen, as well as a tv and tea/coffee facilities. It was convenient enough to get into the town centre, only 10 mins by bus (bus stop few mins walk from B&B) and we enjoyed the cooked english breakfast. Would happily stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pkd13
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The Bed&Breakfast was not far away from the historic city centre, by foot about 25 min, or by bus about 10 min. Facilities are nearby, pleasant and quit area around the B&B.
The room was large with a queensize bed, TV and coffee and tea facilities, ensuite bathroom was very small and simply.
The breakfast (we choose vegetarian) was a choice of 4 cereals, marmelade and toast and scrambled eggs, orange juice and coffee or tee.
The owners where not there, so a neigbhour was our contact person for problems. All in all nice Bed&Breakfast with small restrictions.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed at June's in September - just a short journey (or a 20 minute walk) into the town centre. We were made to feel very welcome - we like it so much we've booked to stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NormaNorma
Reviewed 1 October 2011

WE stayed 2 nights at this b&b and found it to be poor value for money. The bedroom was large and clean the bathroom tiny nowehere to put toiletries, toothbrushes and toothpaste. The towels were meant to be white but were grey with age and the bedding were very washed out. The owners were out for the day so we were let in by a neighbour, the tea tray in the bedroom was without spoons and milk, nor could we find a hairdryer. The first thing we saw on entering the house was a notice asking you to remove your shoes, there were already several pairs of shoes lined up.
Breakfast was uninspiring a choice of 4 cereals orange juice and a full english (without an explanation of what a full english consisted of) My husband had egg and bacon and I had scrambled egg and bacon both meals were greasy toast was 2 slices of white bread (no choice).
We discovered the hairdryer was in the drawerson the landing and was to be shared by 3 rooms.
The second morning I was going to have boiled eggs, but no breakfast had already been prepared as per the previous morning.
When we camee to pay the £130 bill June stated there would be a surcharge for using a card, no mention of this on booking, When I offered a cheque she wasnot happy saying banks had stopped taking cheques and she didnot know if she was going into town that day. In the ene she accepted a cheque, we were not going to pay a surcharge on a service that we felt was already overpriced.
This B&B puts B&Bs back 40 years