“food was good but unsure about the cleanliness of the place”
Review of Jinling Noodle Bar - CLOSED

Jinling Noodle Bar
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: very centrally placed, Chinese-run noodle bar, cheap and simple but fresh food and good value, especially for students!
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Had a Friday night tea here. Food was good and generous portions but I just felt the place was't the cleanest. The lady that served us had her coat on the whole time whilst serving.
Seemed very popular with the Chinese.
Don't think I would return.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We love the brisket udon soup here - it's really delicious. Service is a bit hit-or-miss, but it's always full of big tables of families, enjoying lunch.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Popped into Jinling Noodle Bar for lunch with a friend that has dined there regularly with his Malaysian wife. My first visit so no preconceptions. Service was very efficient and the staff friendly. I opted for an squid starter (very good!) and udon stew main course. The noodle main course was nothing special but a large portion of noodles together with an assortment of meats. the food was prepared and presented very well.
The restaurant is well situated in the centre of Cambridge close to the market square and I thought prices were very reasonable considering its position. Atmosphere was ok and had a good standard of cleanliness. I would certainly choose to eat there again.

1  Thank Soupinmyfly
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Contrary to popular belief, the local Chinese community do not eat here. Just seeing hordes of Chinese faces does not constitute knowing why they are there, however, understanding Mandarin enables one to overhear the fact that the restaurant has a contract with a tour company which fills the place a coach-load at a time.

If you catch it at the wrong time it can be bedlam...and don't even let me get started with the state of the toilets!

On to the food; it is average at best. Nowhere near on a par with Dojo or Yippee.

Decent sized portions of rather bland soup with plenty of noodles and a fair amount of chewy beef was on offer the last time I dared give it a go. To be honest it was a toss-up between this and Yo!Sushi, Jinling won and to be fair if I was in the same situation again I would probably brave the toilets in favour of Jinling.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

The food we ordered was served quickly and was quite good. Having eaten here previously I know that some of the menu choices can be quite bland.

The restaurant is always busy and full of people Chinese people. On this occasion I visited the toilet and was not impressed. It was very grubby and needed a deep clean. The kitchen was hidden away out of view which made me wonder how clean the kitchen was. I will think twice about again, in my opinion it needs a good clean.