“exellent accomodation”

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“exellent accomodation”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Although I knew roughly wher the hotel was situated, there were no directions from the road and it was a very big estate. As you are turning from a bury road the street name is not easy to see immediately.The hotel itself was ideally situated for my visit, very clean friendly and peaceful. The reception staff were extremely helpful both on arrival and leaving.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Pamela B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hi
After hearing bad reviews of travel lodge I was a bit nervous when being booked in here to stay
How wrong was I to judge
Staff at front desk very helpful on check in and check out
Rooms had all been done up and very nice clean and spacy
Fab night sleep so booked in to stay again next week

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank michelle b
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice room nice staff nothing I could put down about the hotel and the service. Although rooms are very basic food value.monkey downside was booked two rooms one for me and my partner and one for my mother which we would have liked to have been closer/next door but hers was on a different floor which was a bit disappointing

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jenniferghx
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I spent a very pleasant 4 nights here in May. The hotel appeared either new or completely revamped and was located in the middle of a new housing estate. It was easy to get to and to go each day into the city. There was ample free parking so that was never a worry. The room was basic but with all you need and was very clean and well laid out. For the price it was very good (£169 for the 4 nights over a bank holiday weekend). The bed was very comfy but we were a bit hot. Most nights we slept well bar the one night there were several rowdy lads who kept shouting at each other across the hall right through to sunrise but that cannot be helped. Breakfast was fine, a bit pricy for what you get compared to other places we’ve stayed but you can take it or leave it, we had it 2 out of the 4 nights. Overall a very good stay.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank clareyfaery
England
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed here a few years ago and it was OK. Recent reviews made me consider staying somewhere else but the location is great for us and the price was very good so I booked. We had a very pleasant stay. Comfortable bed, clean room - everything we needed for a brief overnight stay. We had a room at the front of the hotel which was quiet even with the window open. We stayed in a Premier Inn two nights later which was almost three times the price and not as comfortable so a good result for Travelodge!

2 Thank travellingscoobies
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at this Travelodge as we were going to a concert in Cambridge.

Apparently it has undergone one of their new makeovers and it shows.
It is in quite a random location, right in the middle of a residential area, I suppose it is here because it is next to the A14.

It is clean and airy, and the room we stayed in (a family room) was very large.
All the members of staff we came into contact were pleasant and polite.

The car park was large and unusually for Travelodge, free.

We had a taxi into Cambridge which cost £10.

There is not much more I can say, it’s a Travelodge, go and enjoy it for what it is.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel face a main road.
1 Thank NobbyClarke63
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I wasn't expecting much from the Travelodge, but did expect a lot more than we got!

The staff were on the whole great, but at busy times there clearly weren’t enough of them. At breakfast time all hands were on deck in the cafe leaving no one manning reception when people wanted to check out.

Our room was basic which wasn't a problem except there was no phone to call reception, the hotel was very noisy and there was no air conditioning. When I needed to speak to reception I had to use my phone to call a premium rate number to get through. Ordinarily I would have gone down but when with a toddler this is not an easy option, especially when they are sleeping. The internet I had pre-ordered didn't work and I had to call another premium rate number to try to get it sorted, which didn't happen despite being on the phone for over 20 minutes, not looking forward to the phone bill!

The day of our stay was warm, but our room was boiling. When we returned to it at 9 in the evening our room was 26 degrees. Opening the window made no difference as for health and safety they only open an inch. Even in the morning when we woke up the room was a great deal warmer than the outside or indeed the temperature in reception. I told the staff this at check out and was told this country was not built for heat. However, i think its more the case that the cheap building was not built for heat.

While in our room we could constantly hear nose from the hall way and other rooms. I'm not sure if this was entirely due to the thin walls or due to the other hotel guests who all seemed quite merry.

I would advise not getting breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family