“Business trip to science park”
Review of Sorrento Hotel

Sorrento Hotel
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Business trip to science park”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my company and i had never stayed at the sorrento before. I was happy with my room having a kingsize double bed and a large bath with free internet. i was also happy with the free car park and the restaurant which i Must say served great italian food. I would be happy to stay at the sorrento again. Family run and Staff really nice and well presented.

Room Tip: Give the restaurant a try
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pino G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Milano Marittima, Italy
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I booked this hotel in advance as I had a meeting in Cambridge. I went with with my wife to make a weekend of it. I am glad I did as both the Sorrento and Cambridge are fantastic. I don't agree with some of the reviews as I had a nice modern room, great Italian food served with a smile. The staff really seem to care and were very helpful. I would very much like to return to Cambridge and I will without question sta at the Sorrento again. Just one thing Cambridge is expensive so be prepared for expensive drinks especially in the city.

Room Tip: ask for a large room or the deluxe for a treat
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Giovanni g
cambridge
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We visited this hotel for a meal on the £10 meal deal from the CEN. As soon as we walked in from the car park we noticed how scuffy the entrance looked. It looked like a dumping ground for things.The restaurant was chilly and it also seemed to be a dumping ground for things including a BBQ in the corner. The decoration was dated and the ceiling tiles stained. Half the blinds in the conservatory were pulled up and half pulled down!!
The food was poor, not very hot, and not much of it. But worse was too come. The man behind the bar who should have been doing our bill, didn't seem to be fully awake and had got all the bills muddled up. After waiting for about 10 minutes,and asking the waitress twice we went to the bar ourselves and helped him sort out ours!!! A dated overpriced(if you pay full price, we didn't thank goodness) hotel. Obviously seen better days and still run by the same family. They need some new staff in to bring a bit of life it to and somee fresh ideas.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Bristol
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I attended a large family gathering recetnly and was very impressed with the Sorrento.

The staff were welcoming and very efficient. The bar and waiter service was particularly slick. The food portions were generous and delicious.

I would thoroughly recommend the venue for a large reception/family gathering. Members of the family that stayed at the hotel were very positive about the rooms, amenities and the quality of the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GBristol
Portsmouth
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed for two nights at this hotel in the summer of 2012. It was very hot at the time and was unbearably hot in the room as there is no air conditioning. I was kept awake half the night by what sounded like the noise of a flushing toilet. There must have been water pipes in the wall or under the floorboards that were really noisy. I did not enjoy the breakfast as the sausage tasted liked it was made of salt! I would not go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WaldyPortsmouth
London
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We booked last minute as we were returning from a holiday abroad and decided to stay a night in Cambridge. I suppose we shouldn't have been surprised that we would end up with a bit of a lemon. We had a double room, the bed was comfortable, the white sheets and towels were clean(but there were stains on the 'red' duvet cover). The bathroom was clean, but a bit dated. Carpets outside the room were worn and breakfast was very disappointing. Having returned from a holiday and paid nearly half the amount we did for this room, for an amazing apartment, we just felt ripped off. All I can say is that we will not be making a last minute decision to stay at the Sorrento Hotel again and the cost of the room was overpriced for the quality we received. (The TV didn't work).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LincolnYellowbellies
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

Suitable for a short stay. Breakfast was very good. Service was very good. Bed was comfortable. Overall good to stay if one has to stay for a night and not. Although its not a budget hotel by cost but facilities are that of a budget hotel.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple