“Sad I was only here for one night!”
Review of Sorrento Hotel

Sorrento Hotel
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This hotel was amazing - I was so sad that I was only in Cambridge for the night! The staff were so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make my stay great - they even gave me breakfast after they had finished serving! The room was amazing - I got a single room, but either got upgraded or all their single rooms are this big - because I had a massive queen size bed and quite a big room with lots of space. Thank you so much Sorrento Hotel - would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jasmin W

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel might be 3 star but I could rate more than 5 star due to my experience in this hotel. The Manager and Staff were so helpful to us. My niece got married yesterday and When the manager found it out, he did offer the best room in the hotel for the bride to use without any additional charges. The Manager/Owner do care for his guests and I would highly recommend Sorrento Cambridge Hotel to everyone. Book direct to the hotel and they are very helpful to everyone. I will definitely stay in this hotel again. Thank you so much Sorrento. Mrs Niblett

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank DaisyLabonete
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Myself and my husband traveled up to Cambridge over the Easter holiday to visit our daughter, who's currently studying, and take her home for the Easter weekend.
We stayed a few nights at this hotel and had some great days out, in and around the city, never really having had the time before to look around.

Great shopping in the center, car parking is very expensive though.
We enjoyed the hotel, the staff being very friendly and helpful, doing all they could to help us.
Rooms and facilities were very clean and contemporary, decently priced too if you call and compare to other places in the city center.

Breakfast was generous and consistently of a good standard, with a good selection.
On the subject of food, we had a nice pasta dish in the restaurant early one night prior to venturing into town.
I would advise getting the bus into town, there is a stop just outside the hotel and it's much cheaper than driving if you intend to be there quite a few hours.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 881LyndaB881
Reviewed 19 March 2013

i booked at the Sorrento as it was recommended to me by a friend that stayed last year. I had a Comfortable room which looked like it had just been redecorated. The shower had good pressure and the ensuite was very clean. I also eat in the restaurant, unfortunately by myself as it has a wonderful romantic italian atmosphere and great pasta dishes. I recommend the house made PESTO its really fresh. The staff are also really kind and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family'

Room Tip: eat in the restaurant before going into the city it is half the price and better quality
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank johnathan r
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I travelled to Cambridge for a two day conference, staying in the hotel for one night between the days.

I didn't get to see much of Cambridge unfortunately, however I enjoyed my brief time passing through.

My colleagues were pleased with the conferencing facilities. Nice big room with plenty of tea, coffee, snacks and staff on hand, who were very helpful with any of our requirements.
We were happily supplied a projector, board and had the room sectioned off for us all day.

As we were tired from the trip, work and needed to be up the next day to do it all again, we stayed and ate in the restaurant instead of going into town. Being an Italian hotel, we mostly opted for pasta dishes, which were generously portioned and tasty.

I'd reccomend the hotel, conferencing facilities and Cambridge itself, from what I saw of it. I shall have to return one day and visit in full.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gordon T
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We have needed to stay in Cambridge on innumerable occasions during the past 4 years to attend Addenbrooke's hospital as an In -Patient and Out-Patient. Thankfully we found the Sorrento Hotel! This friendly hotel owned and run by a charming italian family, well supported by their long-serving helpful staff has made these otherwise difficult visits so much more pleasurable. Nothing has been too much trouble, from cooking me special food when I couldn't chew after surgery, to caring for my husband when I was in hospital.
The food is excellent. We can never understand why more guests do not stay in and enjoy the superb Italian dinners. For breakfast, there is ample choice and the eggs and bacon are of the highest quality and perfectly cooked.
The rooms, furnished in Italian style, are scrupulously clean as is everywhere in the hotel. The beds very comfortable with crisply laundered sheets.
The hotel is ideally situated on Addenbrooke's side of town, yet a bus stops almost outside to take you into the city. Good sized car park also always appreciated.
An excellent, good value hotel - the Dinner, Bed and Breakfast option is particularly good value.
Plus Addenbrooke's patients receive a discount!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JChelt
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I came to Cambridge for a short break to visit some family. I stayed at the Sorrento Hotel through family reccomendation, because it was very close to my relatives home and had easy links for us to the city centre.
Upon arrival, the staff were pleasant and welcoming. Having only paid for a single room, I was actually upgraded to a double when checked in.
I stayed in a nice, fresh room, which looked to be newly decorated and had all neccesary amenities.
Breakfast was good, I had a full english before heading into Cambridge city centre.
We did have dinner in the restaurant one night, myself and the family. Good meal, decently priced with nice atmosphere and service.

Another plus was the free wifi, which most hotels usually charge for.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo