“The big bonus of this friendly family hotel is the private off street car parking”
Review of Sorrento Hotel

Sorrento Hotel
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Our room, 122, was at the back of the hotel with not much of an outlook but it was quiet, comfortable, clean and very Italian. You can nearly get an Italian TV station! The only thing which would improve the bathroom would be a shelf somewhere for toiletries, I thought, as my make up brishes slid into the basin for the third time. The staff are friendly and helpful and it is easy to get into town by bus or taxi. It is pricey for what you get but ever othe hotel in Cambridge is the same.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bunnyPortsmouth
There are newer reviews for Sorrento Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2009

I asked for a quiet room and was put in a room above the bar. At 2.00 am peole still drinking in it.

When next door room use toilet, it sounds like a pneumatic drill.

Staff friendly but would definitely avoid this place.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2009

First impressions were friendly staff, nice reception and breakfast room. Double room we had was small, dark and dingy sited around the back of hotel and wasn't worth the £115 we paid. Smallest "Full English" breakfast we have ever encountered (spoonful of beans, one 90% fat sausage, small egg, small rasher of bacon, few mushrooms, tomato). Will not be stopping here again as it was not value for money.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We attended a wedding at the Sorrento and several of the guests stayed over night.....We spent two nights .....As stated before some of the rooms are very small ...as is the bathroom...but it was very clean and compact and I felt very comfortable there, even though the bed was a bit small.The bathroom looked as if it had been refurbished, nice tiles and a small bath with seat, which was also a shower. Towels were beautifully soft and white....Our room was quiet once the band had stopped playing for the wedding...we were not disturbed by traffic as some have said as we were at the back of the hotel, other guests at the front did say in the morning they could hear the traffic....
The breakfast was very good and the full English was nicely cooked and as one guest asked for bacon well done, this was all taken care of...plenty of coffee or tea and more toast etc if required, I really could not fault the staff at all, a very nice and friendly family run hotel.

The wedding reception went extremely smoothly and everyone seemed to be very happy with their choices of food....and later in the the evening the buffet...infact I think we really took over the hotel, but everyone was extremely well behaved and the children a delight.

Well done Sorrento a very enjoyable weekend ....

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Sylla
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I stayed at the hotel for business meetings. Whilst the staff were friendly and I had no major complaints the room (and bed) was very small. The day I stayed it was very hot. Whilst I wouldn’t necessarily expect air con the hotel is close to a busy road and the noise with the window open made if difficult to sleep. The breakfast was okay- not great but not terrible either, much like the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank carl-11111__
Reviewed 28 August 2007

I was booked into the Sorrento for a business trip by my company. I have since contacted them to tell them they shouldn't book any of my colleagues there, which sums up my feelings about the place.
The location in terms of its proximity to cambridge was good, however it is situated on a main road, meaning the noise with the windows open was constant. My room overlooked a side road, on the opposite of which was a rather noisy pub.
The noise was not too bad for me however, as I had to keep the windows shut as the room was so cold (yes it was August but the weather was terrible). I spent most of the time in my room under the blankets to keep warm.
The room itself had ample storage for clothes etc but was small and dingy. The shower took about 5 minutes to warm up. The TV, which was advertised as satellite did not even receive channel 5.
On the plus side, the staff were friendly and the food in the restaurant was quite nice. Plus there was a big car park.
If anyone is thinking of staying here my top tip would be to take earplugs!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank KBipswich
Reviewed 3 July 2007

The room was way too small and felt more like a room in a student house than a hotel. Shabby decor, tiny bathroom, a very small TV with no remote and located practically in the reception area, so very noisy. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business