“Excellent B&B”
Review of Lynwood House

Lynwood House
Ranked #16 of 123 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was in Cambridge for University meetings. My first choice hotels were too expensive, so I looked at B&B. Lynwood House was great. It is spotlessly clean, newly refurbished and about a 15 minute walk from town.
The room I had was spacious. It was number 5, at the front of the property. A double bed, tea / coffee facilities, work space, huge TV, and an en-suite bathroom (big walk in shower, 2 basins).
The highlight of the stay was breakfast which was a perfect sausages, bacon, eggs... Sometimes these can be called a greasy fry, but Lynwood had the exception. It was perfect, no grease just perfectly cooked really tasty food. A great start to the day.
My only concern was the distance from the town. I walked a few times which is about 15 minutes. It is no big deal. If you do get fed up with walking then taxis take a few minutes, are booked by the owners for you and arrive in about 10 minutes.
I stayed just 2 nights and will always pick Lynwood house in the future when visiting Cambridge.

Room Tip: Room 5 is at the front. The main road might disturb some if you sleep with a window open. I did this...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Lynwood House

Reviewed 16 May 2014

From arrival to check out, everything was fantastic. The room was beautiful, clean and the owners have an eye for detail: a small book about Cambridge on the table, coffee and tea facilities, very nice!
The breakfast is the best I ever had: yoghurts, home made granola, fresh fruits and rhubarb compote and to accompany all this there is a choice of eggs, from poached to cooked and everything in between.
I really loved to stay here and can recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
happygolucky50, Owner at Lynwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the breakfast choices.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Kind regards
Julie + Nick

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at Lynwood house with my partner for 2 nights in May 2014. I couldn't find fault. The room was lovely and had everything we could need or want. The owners were friendly and helpful. Our room was very tastefully decorated and both bedroom and bathroom were immaculately clean. The bed was very comfortable. The shower was hot and strong (there was a bath tub, but we didn't use it.) The house was quiet - we hardly heard a peep, despite being on a relatively main road. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Good coffee, too. The walk into the centre of the city only took about 15mins and was lovely - through the park and along the river. I would certainly stay here again, if I was in the area, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to write a great review. Nick and I are glad you enjoyed your stay here. It was a pleasure chatting about your trip and the things you did in Cambridge. We hope you enjoy the remainder of your holiday.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights last week and were pleased with our room ( number 5) which was luxurious with a massive ensuite. The breakfast was excellent and really set us up for the day. We found the location excellent for walking into Cambridge.

Julie and Nick were very friendly and happy to help with suggestions and directions to the places we wanted to see.

I would not hesitate to recommend Lynwood House.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
happygolucky50, Owner at Lynwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time write a review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Nick and I are always happy to chat and recommend things to see and do. We would live to welcome you back another time if you return to Cambridge.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights in Lynwood house over the bank holiday weekend. The unexciting exterior and hallway belied the beautiful, comfortable room we had. The bathroom might as well have come straight from a luxury hotel, and we slept very well on all 3 nights.
The owners are lovely and were full of useful suggestions on what to do and see.
The breakfasts were the best meals we had all weekend: a huge choice and absolutely top quality ingredients.
I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The road is fairly busy so the front room on the ground floor would be quite noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in room 5 and the breakfast set you up for the day. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you come to Cambridge.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed a couple of times at this B&B and had nice experiences both times. Decent rooms, if a bit on the small size but with very good, clean bathrooms and good showers. Nespresso machines in the bedrooms! Great breakfasts and really good choice of food. Julie and Nick are charming hosts.

Maybe a wee bit more than I would normally expect to pay for such rooms (especially as a single person in a twin room) but I realise Cambridge is a bit more expensive than some other towns. Good location for walking into Cambridge.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely review, we really appreciate your comments. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our new nespresso machines.
We hope to see you on your next trip to Cambridge.
Nick and Julie

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent 5 nights whilst in Cambridge on business. I found the place immaculate and very comfortable. My room had everything that you expect to find in a hotel. Very nice ensuite with quality products, tv, tea / coffee making facilities, etc
I was made to feel very welcome by the owners who seemed keen to offer any assistance required.
The location seemed good with shops and places to eat near by and convenient for accessing the city.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
happygolucky50, Owner at Lynwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us .We appreciate that you were really busy so thank you very much for taking the time to write a great review. We hope to see you another time if you return to Cambridge.