“Never Again”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #90 of 124 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Over the years we have tried The Bridge several times we have not been there for about a couple of years. So why I did I book a table there again ? Maybe it would have improved nope in fact its worse than before. The meal was a family get together before Christmas my mother over from Spain for Christmas.

The wait for the main course took forever we were not askiing for much the standard Sunday roasts for 6 cant be that hard. The beef was like leather 2 roasties and one small boiled potato the veg was raw I know the difference between al dente and raw. The Desert 5 of us wanted had run out so we all chose an alternative mine a "warm apple pie" was cold the custard was luke warm.

This venue has so much potential but is ruined by poor service items on the menu which have run out and extreemly poor quality cooked food.

NEVER AGAIN what a waste of money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ivan B

Reviewed 8 October 2013

On one of our fairly regular jaunts out to eat somewhere new our friends chose the above as it was their turn to pick. Pretty disappointing really. First table was sat at was not terribly clean so we moved to another, it was fairly quiet as it was a Tuesday evening so we found another table with ease. Ordered some drinks and then chose our starters, which apart from my choice was none too clever. In the menu as 'mushrooms with Stilton served on toast' that pretty much summed it up and they were just button mushrooms, overcooked and served on toast with some cheese melted on them. Could have done better at home and saved £15. I had the scallops with chorizo and they were small but tasty. Then onto the mains, two of the specials were sold out and that was a pity as they both appealed to me, but three of us chose the 35 day matured steaks, bad idea as they were very poor, served with a side salad garnish, a quarter of a mouthful, and a load of frozen chips. Desserts were OK, service was slow and it was a pretty poor old show all round. Won't go back and won't recommend it to anyone I like..!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Gone down hill over last few years. Ate the yesterday, catalogue of errors. Food ran out. Food cold. Food delivered different that was on the menu. Missing food and waited over 1 1/2 for main meal and it wasn't even busy. Really disappointed

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Very disappointing, ordered food, wanted steak they had none, wanted dressed crab they had none, this went on a couple more times, finally found something they did have, then food arrived, lamb, mash and green beans, that will be a tablespoon of mash and 5 green beans!, expensive food for what it is, staff not very friendly either, shame could be of been a nice place but let down in all areas.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Very nice friendly staff but the food is terrible. Huge piece of 2nd rate chicken swamped in bisto type gravy. Tiny fish pie in a starter dish - last time we went here we had a large dish.
Very disappointing all round.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Just back from a Saturday lunch at the Bridge it was fairly busy but service was quick . We had a very polite waitress who took our orders and food was served very promptly,,I found it very enjoyable and nicely presented as did my companion, We chose to sit inside but there is a lovely terrace overlooking the river ..In my opinion well worth the visit .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Do yourself a big favour next time you consider eating at this place and don't. This place is simply not worth the expense of burning the extra fuel it takes to start your car engine up as you despondently head for the car park exit after a supremely disappointing meal. Trust me. I know I'm right having witnessed the establishment's glorious nose dive from average to laughable over the last 10 or so years. Unfortunately the Bridge never fails to exceed your expectations, in a very bad way, no matter how low they are. Dire.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple