“Good base to see Cambridge from”
Review of Lovell Lodge Hotel

Lovell Lodge Hotel
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
London, United Kingdom
“Good base to see Cambridge from”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed there with my girlfriend and friends recently and had a pleasant stay. The hotel is a couple of miles from town - about £10 by taxi which the hotel staff ordered without a fuss. The hotel was clean, tidy, and modern. The bed was comfortable but the walls were a little thin. Breakfast was full english of average quality, nothing special. Good base whilst seeing Cambridge if you're happy with the taxi/bus/drive situation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Handy for why we were there (job interviews) but not a romantic hotel by any means. We were confused when we got there because we were led out of the hotel, across a road and into what looked like someone's house that had actually been converted into rooms! The room was basic, the decor a little drab and dated. Breakfast was good and filling. I wouldn't stay here again, only because it was a bit depressing.

• Stayed June 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Well, when I walked through the door I was exhausted after all the rigmarole at Heathrow,
I sat down on a chair and with all my bags clutched around me, my hair all mussed, I must have looked like a pile-up on I-95. A young lady helped me with my things and asked me all sorts of things about the mu-mu I was wearing.
I was checked in real quick and business like - which I appreciated. The room wasn't anything big or nothin but sure was comfy and warm. Clean as a pin. When I called down for a hand towel, they sent up this dashing young englishman who replaced all the towels for fresh ones. I'm sure I must have bored him to death tellin him all about gettin delayed in Heathrow and how hot and stuffy it was sweating like a stuck pig then I got all excited and told him my plans to go back to Ireland after the UK, but he just smiled, nodded 'Charming' he'd say. I asked him if he could remake the bed while he was there. He seemed a little put-off by this but I was gettin the sheets off at this stage and handed him one corner of the sheet. The english are very hospitable so I asked him if he'd like to try some Mississippi Bourbon but he sort of blushed and quickly left -- guess I need to know the etiquette of these brits better; my they're a lot shyer than the Irish!

Anwyay - no complaints about this place for a one-nighter!

Back to Ireland soon!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soupcan_Willy
sheffield
Reviewed 11 September 2009

stayed for the weekend in the lovell lodge hotel found it to be very pleasant very clean good breakfast good dinner staff were exellent would recomend others to try

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
manchester
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I stayed for a weekend at Lovell Lodge from 25 till 26th july.

I would definately recommend this for a weekend break. Comfortable rooms, nice breakfast, Good parking and easy drive into the city center. I would definately stay there again

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Poly1
Off to your left
Reviewed 7 July 2009

For all you traveling IT people, this is not a place to scoff at.
Fairly basic and pretty crappy food.
But there's beer and a bed.

Say no more.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank BeeAyeMan
england
Reviewed 21 May 2009

The landlord's attitude torwards me was extremely violent. I urge anyone considering visiting cambridge to avoid this place unless you are handy with your fist as the landlord as a habit of settling disputes with the use of violence. True budget accommodation ( a company used by a number of corporate organisations for booking hotel rooms) have blacklisted this establishment because of the violent attitude of the landlord.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank hilltopbobEngland

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels