“Terrible, Bad Reception and very rude”
Review of Lovell Lodge Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lovell Lodge Hotel
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I had a terrible experience there, landlord was very rude and she raised her voice at me for no reason I was just trying to ask for directions!!
Most employees were rude and room wasn't clean.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BusinessM34

Reviewed 27 July 2011

The location is a bit far from the center, but it's doable by bike. The prices are not bad, but the rooms could use some refurbishing. Breakfast was nice, although they are very strict with how much of anything you can eat (e.g. cereal OR yoghurt). The mattresses felt very poor, though we actually slept quite ok. The pub across the street (The Golden Hind) was nice; we did not try the food at the lodge itself.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This is my 5th stay here. I use this hotel when I come to Cambridge with work and its close to the business park.
The staff are very friendly, the rooms are basic, but very clean, warm and comfortable. Fab beds! Only downside is it can be a little noisy and the walls are a little thin. The brekkie is fine.
Would recommend for good value busines accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We booked a family room for 4 and expected just a regular hotel room. When we arrived, they took us across the street to a little house! We had a kitchen, small living room, and 3 bedrooms. The bathroom was a little outdated and the TV didn't work very well, but the beds were very comfortable. Some of the beds were unmade when we arrived, but the receptionist apologized and was quick to fix it! The service was great and breakfast is provided from 7-9am. The price can't be beat. It's a short bus ride away from the center of Cambridge (the bus stop is right across the street), or about 10 pounds in a taxi.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed there with my girlfriend and friends recently and had a pleasant stay. The hotel is a couple of miles from town - about £10 by taxi which the hotel staff ordered without a fuss. The hotel was clean, tidy, and modern. The bed was comfortable but the walls were a little thin. Breakfast was full english of average quality, nothing special. Good base whilst seeing Cambridge if you're happy with the taxi/bus/drive situation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Handy for why we were there (job interviews) but not a romantic hotel by any means. We were confused when we got there because we were led out of the hotel, across a road and into what looked like someone's house that had actually been converted into rooms! The room was basic, the decor a little drab and dated. Breakfast was good and filling. I wouldn't stay here again, only because it was a bit depressing.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Well, when I walked through the door I was exhausted after all the rigmarole at Heathrow,
I sat down on a chair and with all my bags clutched around me, my hair all mussed, I must have looked like a pile-up on I-95. A young lady helped me with my things and asked me all sorts of things about the mu-mu I was wearing.
I was checked in real quick and business like - which I appreciated. The room wasn't anything big or nothin but sure was comfy and warm. Clean as a pin. When I called down for a hand towel, they sent up this dashing young englishman who replaced all the towels for fresh ones. I'm sure I must have bored him to death tellin him all about gettin delayed in Heathrow and how hot and stuffy it was sweating like a stuck pig then I got all excited and told him my plans to go back to Ireland after the UK, but he just smiled, nodded 'Charming' he'd say. I asked him if he could remake the bed while he was there. He seemed a little put-off by this but I was gettin the sheets off at this stage and handed him one corner of the sheet. The english are very hospitable so I asked him if he'd like to try some Mississippi Bourbon but he sort of blushed and quickly left -- guess I need to know the etiquette of these brits better; my they're a lot shyer than the Irish!

Anwyay - no complaints about this place for a one-nighter!

Back to Ireland soon!