“just a place to sleep”

and 1 more site!
Lovell Lodge Hotel
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 10 August 2012

stayed for one night in august 2012, two adult for £85. the hotel located outside city centre but quite easy to find. there was a small coop supermarket opposite the road and a bar/ restaurant down the road. the hotel had a few parking space, bed and breakfast and that's about it. internet was not free, £1 for 24 hours, £1 was nothing but seemed rather unnecessary and trivial. everything was very basic but acceptable. it was not a comfortable cozy type of hotel that you could enjoy the facilities. it was just a bed and shower. rooms decor was very dated, shower was also old and the toilet felt like that in a student accommodation rather than a hotel. there was only one type of toiletry, shampoo and nothing else, and there were 4 little bottles of them. so use it for everything. free tea and coffee making facilities and one small biscuit. bed was ok. breakfast was also very basic. staffs in day time was very smiley and friendly, evening staff was a bit grumpy.

this is a come and go hotel that you will forget about it the next day. bit too pricey for what it is but maybe it is cambridge price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at Lovell Lodge hotel on 10 July 2012.

The hotel is quite a distance from the centre of Cambridge but since my work was taking me to the Science Park (which is just across the road), it was ideal for me.

My stay coincided with all the beds in the hotel being replaced so it was pretty hectic and quite messy one morning but on my return from work, all the mess (cardboard and plastic) had been cleaned up and I had a new bed to sleep in, so that was a bonus.

On my arrival there was no one at reception but on ringing the bell, a member of staff was quick to attend.

The room I stayed in (Room 303) was clean and tidy with clean ensuite shower, a small flatscreen TV and it was spacious enough with good Internet connection (£1 a day).

Breakfast was excellent (quality sausages, not the cheap budget ones!) - I'm very particular about my Full English...

Staff can be difficult to find but when you they are always friendly and accommodating. The feel of the hotel is friendly and informal (which may not suit everyone).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Having booked the hotel then read the reviews, I was little concerned that it would not be very nice but it turned out to be very good, spotlessly clean, staff very friendly and attentive and a lovely breakfast, checkout time at 10am was alittle early but apart from that enjoyed our stay and would come back again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Rooms were ok apart from one bed in our room being broken with matters falling off. Breakfest was basic. Staff where all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed here one night for work. I selected it as it was one of the cheapest I could find and I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel was fine, it was nothing fancy but for the price it did what it said on the tin. The rooms were warm and the bed was comfortable; perfectly ok for a one night business trip. I am a good sleeper but if you sleep light this may not be the best choice as the rooms are not sound proofed very well and I head alarms and snoring when I woke up in the morning! The staff are friendly however and the breakfast was nice so no complaints. I am in Cambridge again for business in a couple of weeks and will be staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just boooked it to stay nearby my friends's place. They had a new baby boy and could not host me. I was s pending most of the daytime with them so did not expect much from the hotel but bed and bathroom. Both were bearable but I wouldn't say cozy or lovely. Very basic decoration and furnishing, definitely not the place someone put their heart and soul in. Pretty clean however the tatty decor and materials make it look untidy. Breakfast was quite edible beyond expectations. Can't say anything about the staff, they didn't care and I didn't mind :)

I would not recommend this place to stay both because of the location/neighbourhood (half an hour and more from the center) and because it is absolutey dull.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed for three nights as it is close to the Business Park. The staff generally ignored you and the reception guy that checked us in really smelt of smoke and didnt even tell me how to find my room. The room is basic, with seventies style wooden panelling. My alarm clock didnt work and a bulb was missing from one of the lamps. The rooms are noisy, you can hear people talking in the next room and doors slamming in the corridor. The bed was like a plank of wood and I had to lay on some of the duvet to make it softer.
Breakfast was mostly ok, but dont order boiled eggs - they served me two hardboiled eggs in their shells. And I had to hunt down my own teacup, milk and butter as they werent on my table. Poor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business