“Not the best !!”

Ranked #317 of 731 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We visited on the afternoon of the 16th February. We were told upon arrival that there was a one hour wait for food in the restaurant so i asked if we could eat in the Bar. This was not possible as it was the Kitchen that was struggling to keep up with the food Orders. The Kitchen then closed for an hour. We gave our name to the duty manager and waited patiently in the bar. After an hour and twenty minutes nobody had come to call us to a table, but the Staff in the bar started to put food menus on the tables. We therefore ordered our food , which arrived fairly quickly, but was not very hot or of the best quality . This was a shame as we had previously spent £256 in other Beefeater grills to accumulate £20.00 worth of points for this meal . If we had waited to be called into the Restaurant we would still be sat in the Bar now !!!

2  Thank adywoo

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked a table for 18 people. For a family members birthday. I understand it's a lot. But the service was terrible. One of the worse night I've ever had. We sat down ordered drinks, starts and mains. Then lady said she will come back to order deserts. So 30 minutes later no drinks ? So then had to go to the bar and get them myself. So after the starters arrive. Which were lovely. Then an 1hour and 30 minutes later are mains arrived. Very disappointed in the wait. Asked for sauces... Asked again.... No sauces. Just finished the meal and the sauces arrived. A little to late ! Then ask the waiter to clear the table. Which didn't happen. Then we asked to order deserts. The manger came over. Who was very rude and said we couldn't order deserts as we had no time he needed the table back ! Very disappointed. Would not recommend. Horrible night. Slow... They need learn about customer service

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We went there after reading all good reviews, but sadly we left very disappointed. We had a burgers for main, my husband had extra Stilton cheese and the whole burger tasted of Stilton cheese, and he felt sick after it. My burger come out raw, I had to wait quite long for second one, then it came with Stilton even I order with cheddar. In the end I left it as I couldn't be asked to wait another looooong time for it. Staff looked like they don't care much and I think it could be manager, so if management got customer service like that it's not good! Sad as it's a new place... Won't be coming back there!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very disappointing visit here linked to a stay at the PI next door.
Table not ready for booked time, and starter took 45 minutes to arrive.
Guys behind the bar seemed friendly, but restaurant manager rude and unhelpful. Implied I was a liar in that my booking was not registered for 7.30, but 7.45 even though I had a text message confirming the time!
We were booked on a Premier Inn package and believed they delayed out table pushing us into the bar to buy more drinks.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We pre-booked a festive meal for Boxing day. Cheap and cheerful, we thought. Not cheerful anyway! After dropping off our menu choices well in advance we were quietly looking forward to a hastle free meal for 5. On arrival we were greeted by the fact our choices had been lost.... ok dont panic its not the end of the world. Taken to our table..... oh hang on the table hadnt been set out.......Deep breath.......Reordering completed things may be looking up........not for long. I had to ask for everthing that could make the service adequate. Candles to be lit, our table to have all the things the people turning up later had in theirs. Cuttlery to be replenished when one section of the meal was finshed and another served.....Food was ok service and standard of customer satifaction was poor. :-(

1  Thank Paul O