“Poor slow service and rude management”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #314 of 683 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Poor slow service and rude management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Came here midday for lunch with my family and waited at least an hour for our food and then had to wait a further 15mins for my childs food which they hadn't bothered cooking. We were there a total of about 6 hours enjoying each others company despite the poor service. None of our finished drinks glasses had been removed from our table the whole time. We were then rudely treated by other diners so went to management about this. The way the supervisor dealt with the situation was completely unprofessional and then in his own words decided to randomly say "I'm not being funny but this pub isnt kindergarten so the kids should stay seated." Our complaint had nothing to do with the children who may I add were 2 babies that had been sleeping most of the time and 1 well behaved eight year old who was seated the whole time. The supervisor didn't care and made us feel uncomfortable so we left. Such a shame as the pub is located in a beautiful spot by the river and perfect for a beautiful summers day. If you're planning on driving ensure you have change for parking or risk parking in the Staples carpark opposite.

Visited August 2014

Milton, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, Great location, Average food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Of course this being a chain pub you can't expect the finest of pub foods, but it's much better in comparison to weatherspoon etc. The food arrived quite swiftly until then we enjoyed drinks which are not to steep with a nice selection, The outside seating area is stunning as it's directly next to the river Cam, It's hard to beat an outside seating area like this. Recommend this place for a quick drink and lunch!

• Visited April 2014
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“privacy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This pub is a non pretentious,friendly establishment with good customer service and a light and calming atmosphere set over three floors.
I had a breakfast on the river frontage on the lower floor just after nine in the morning,so yes,this can be a very convenient start to a day in the center of Cambridge.

Witney, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub, great location by the river Cam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is by far my favourite pub in Cambridge. It has a great menu including sharing platters (burger platter is my fave!), delicious desserts, great selection of beers and ales, very friendly staff and excellent beer garden with the river view. I no longer live in Cambridge but every time I'm around, Boathouse visit is a must!

Bridgnorth
“Not very impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I went for a meal with my family and was sadly disappointed with the portion size and I'm pretty sure it was microwaved too When I asked the server if this amount of food was correct he acknowledged that it was poor and went to see the manager and the chef, when he returned a couple of minutes later he said sorry portion sizes are set by greenling and his manager said they could do nothing about it that is how it is. I feel that 2 cannelloni tubes with a small amount of butternut squash inside is no way a suitable meal especially as it is one of the more expensive options on the menu. I will not be interested in a return visit