“Excellent staff and food!”

The Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 753 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recently reopened restaurant with stunning views overlooking the River Cam and its meadows. All the dishes are prepared using the freshest seasonal produce. Large group bookings are welcome, and we are happy to tailor specific packages to suit your budget and exact requirements. We also have a conference room for up to 30 delegates, where we offer use of the latest audio and visual equipment.
Reviewed 22 April 2017

We went on Valentine's day this year and really loved the atmosphere and food. The staff was also excellent and very friendly. I would definitely recommend it and will probably return soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I took my Mum and Dad here for an evening meal after stumbling across it on trip advisor. I saw it had lots of lovely reviews. I've lived in Cambridge all my life but have never really taken notice of the university centre or whats inside it. We all had a beautiful meal in the lovely ambience that the restaurant had. It's not a big place but it's got wonderful views of the river and proper linen tablecloths and napkins. Service was great by a lovely young lady who was very sweet and told us that the restaurant had been going since the 60s! We were amazed! She said it's quiet sometimes possibly because people don't realise that the place is not just for students. The food is very classical and so, so tasty and very reasonable on price. Honestly this is a really nice find and I can't believe I'd not found it sooner. Perhaps next time I'll go I'll also try the live jazz wine bar on the ground floor too!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

The Restaurant staff know their business, your choice of meal served by friendly and well informed staff.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

A good menu in a restaurant with table cloths but still manages to carry off a pub like feel. Good serving staff and food was well prepared.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

After arriving for a works do three courses set menu for xmas 2016; the dozen or so of us. We're welcomed and given drinks, shortly after the starters arrived, my potted pate was nothing short of frozen, the main wasn't brilliant the turkey was literally a square of thick meat; and the vegetables were pretty hard; it wasn't very appealing. The sweet custard brûlée was however, very nice, and my ginger beer was rather refreshing. Overall, my starter and main were of poor quality, everything else was okay. The service was satisfactory and the view overlooking the river, was very pleasant..

1  Thank Mark S