“Do NOT go here!”

Add it.
Bellanapoli Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We had a Groupon voucher for afternoon tea here. I had never been here before, but as the afternoon tea has a value of £21, I expected something of reasonable quality. Upon entering we met the very grumpy owner who reluctantly asked us what we wanted. Upon presenting our Groupon voucher, he suddenly told us he was fully booked- despite the fact the place was empty!!
I can see why it was empty. It was very dirty, had unattractive decor and was very unpleasant overall. We then attempted to make a booking only to be told that it was fully booked for the next two weeks. How ridiculous! I later checked the website where it stated that no booking was necessary for afternoon tea. At this point, we decided we would not want to eat here anyway as we would only have been scowled at by the man who I assume is the owner.
We passed the cafe half an hour later and the place was still empty and the owner was sitting down reading the paper- that's a very strange definition of "fully booked"!!
I cannot comment on the food as we didn't have the opportunity to try any but judging from the glimpse of food behind the counter, I wouldn't have high hopes.
Needless to say, I will never return here!

1  Thank Eemacdee
There are newer reviews for Bellanapoli Cafe

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We also got a Groupon voucher for afternoon tea and my husband and I booked in for a Saturday afternoon lunch. We met a warm welcome and really enjoyed our treat. The sandwiches were fresh and tasty, the cakes delightful and the coffee and tea (with free top ups) the best we've had in Cambridge. The cafe front is unassuming and we've walked past this place many times but having been so impressed by the whole experience we will be sure to stop in again to sample the amazing sounding paninis and lasagne next time, and recommend anyone else to do so too.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Clearly the previous reviewers of this unbelievably horrid establishment need to get out more or must be the owners themselves. My friend and I tried to redeem our tea for two Groupon offer but were greeted with a rude, dismissive, almost aggressive owner; a long way short of the glowing customer service reviews I read before buying the offer. The premises are spartan and grossly misrepresented by the images shown on their website, and we simply walked out and went elsewhere after suffering the insulting behaviour of the man who said he was the owner. No-one in their right mind would ever pay £21 for afternoon tea in what looks like a takeaway bar with no cakes in sight.

1  Thank scarletcatrufus
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I went in with my parents. My parents seemed unhappy with the prices and the staff treated us rather poorly I'm afraid. It seemed rather crowded and my family had to return home to order a MacDonalds. The MacDonalds smelled better than the resturants toilets.

1  Thank Afua A
Reviewed 21 July 2012

At first glance, this is just another coffee shop on an ordinary (very ordinary, for Cambridge) street. One of many places where you can get a coffee and a sandwich, and promptly forget all about it.

Well, it is a coffee shop. BUT: the coffee is excellent, the service first class, and the paninis were the best we've had.

Great to find somewhere where lunch for two cost £10 all in, and was memorably good!