“First time visited and we will be back”
Review of J Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
J Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The sushi looked fab and fresh when it came out on other people's tables. Really wished I'd ordered it! We had spring rolls, cha siu buns and pork gyoza dumplings for starters and some fried noodles for main. All the food was delicious, fresh and I couldn't fault it. Our waiter was a very friendly, helpful man and the atmosphere was very relaxing. We will be back to try the sushi!

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We have visited a couple of times and had a great meal on each occasion. The food is best Chinese / Japanese in Cambridge - in my opinion anyway!- and the service is great - discrete and prompt. I was a little mystified by the a spence of reviews here before I first went . Dont let it put you off a great gem of a find!!!

Reviewed 9 May 2012

J Restaurant is regularly visited by my family, and our favourite place to celebrate birthdays and other special occasions.

What draws us here is the to-die-for sushi, but also the other exciting Asian dishes to try.

The restaurant is very small downstairs, but there is more seating upstairs (i think), but we like it because it is so cosy and relaxed.

My favourite things on the menu would have to be the giant vegetarian maki roll, which is crammed with shitake mushroom, tofu, sweet egg omelet, pickled radish, asparagus, cucumber and avocado (so, so, so yummy), also the soft shell crab maki roll (very tasty), the tofu pockets and the deep fried tofu. But our favourite, favourite thing would have to be the sweet bean sesame balloon dessert, which is like a chewy rice pastry with sweet bean paste inside, and sesame seeds on the outside - weird but so delicious, one plate is never enough! (it is very small with only two pieces, but for a birthday we splurge and order an extra portion!)

The price is a little on the high side, but in my opinion well well worth the money (at the moment there is a 20% discount Monday to Thursday and 25% for students). The service is fantastic and the setting is just lovely.

Please visit and keep it in business, it would be a shame to let commercial sushi bars like 'yo sushi!' take all the customers (especially when the food is so good at J)