“Very good food”

Wildwood Restaurant
Ranked #224 of 683 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Went there to celebrate the end of exams as we wandered past and the menu suited us. The food was good and everyone seemed happy. We luckily got seated outside as it was a rather warm evening anyway and inside was way to hot really.

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Great value and tasty.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Great food in a friendly environment. This is a busy part of Cambridge with a lot of the larger food chains around. We were very happy with our food and the service. Better all round value than the more well known chains. Give it a try.

Visited July 2014
Athens, Georgia
“Good quality freshly cooked food - 62/100”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Wildwood is a small chain serving freshly cooked food. There is a definite Italian aspect on the menu with pasta and pizza featuring. I had grilled chicken with potatoes gratin and a mushroom sauce. Chicken is often overdone but this was just right. I would have liked more mushroom sauce - this was served in a small dish. My wife had sirloin with chips. She ate all of her sirloin and I didn't get to taste any of it but she said it was very good. I did however taste the chips and they were just right, often they are too greasy or too crispy.

The decor here is very contemporary. The restaurant was quite busy for a midweek lunchtime and there was a happy relaxed atmosphere. The service was very good and our waiter was very friendly.

• Visited July 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My mother and I went on the eve of the Tour de France coming to Cambridge.

The staff were attentive, the food was gorgeous, and the ambience was good.

Only thing I could perhaps fault was that the music was slightly too loud (but that is my personal view).

I had spaghetti bolognese. It had a lovely sweet taste.
Side of chips - yummy
My mother had spaghetti carbonara (baked). She loved it, but was unable to finish it as it was very filling.

We didn't have a pudding so we can't comment on what they're like.

We would highly recommend Wildwood!!

• Visited July 2014
London, UK
“Decent Food, Decent Service, Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were hungry so spent an evening wandering around Cambridge looking for places to eat. After looking at numerous menus we stumbled across Wildwood. The menu looked good and the smiles on the faces of the people already eating inside persuaded us to give it a go.

We were warmly greeted and shown to a table. The restaurant was quite busy and sensibly the music wasn't turned up too loud. There was a pleasant noise level of happy conversation with the music well in the background. There didn't appear to me to be enough waiting staff to serve the busy restaurant. I was wrong. We received exceptionally efficient and friendly service. The staff appeared extremely well trained and actually appeared to be enjoying the challenge of serving a busy restaurant.

The food was excellent. I had a baby rack of ribs. So often a dish like this is over cooked. Wildwood's ribs were cooked perfectly and were juicy and moist. My partner had a pizza at the waiter's recommendation. My partner doesn't like too much chilli so the waiter suggested that the chilli could be exchanged for mushrooms. It was just a small gesture, but showed that the waiting staff were actually interested in making sure that the meal was as enjoyable as possible.

We left Wildwood with full tummies and smiles on our faces.

• Visited June 2014