“Great cocktails, worth going for happy hour!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Las Iguanas - Cambridge
Ranked #54 of 677 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, South American, Central American
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester
“Great cocktails, worth going for happy hour!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to this las iguanas in Cambridge quite a few times and the cocktails at happy hour are definitely worth going for if you want bargain drink prices. The food is also great! It's especially enjoyable in the summer being able to sit outside by the river. However, every time I have been here the service has been incredibly slow and taking food and drinks orders appears rushed and stressful. It is always very busy which could be the reason for this however it should not be an excuse. If the service was quicker this place would be great!

• Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Dreadful pastiche of a South American(?) themed pub”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Dreadful pastiche of a South American(?) themed pub. Awful drinks and clientele, dirty WCs. Great location but you're better off sitting on the quayside for a drink.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank CambridgeExpert
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Cambridge, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I'm sorry to hear that we (and our other guests) just weren't your cup of tea. We run a Latin American restaurant not a pub and are pleased to have received a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014 putting us in the top 10% of businesses Worldwide. Lucy- Las Iguanas
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great Cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

A good atmosphere and it's happy hour until 7:30pm and the co tails are fab. The food is good value, very tasty and filling. It is on ocassions, difficult to get a drink but the staff are very friendly. Overall a great night out.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great restaurant, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This restaurant is situated along the river in Cambridge, just a very short walk from my hotel and office. My first night in Cambridge I stumbled upon it and was very happy I did.

This is a Latin American restaurant with amazing food. And just to make it authentic, they had Brahma beer on draft.

The prices were in line with the area, but definitely more than you would pay in say Brazil or Mexico. But the food was great, the drinks were great, and on a nice summer day, you can' theatre sitting outside and enjoying this nice establishment.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Newmarket, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fabulous evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went for a chica's night out to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant was incredibly busy being a Saturday evening but we had booked in advance and we were quickly shown to our table which was by the window overlooking the River Cam and the punts...very nice. Whilst waiting for the rest of our party, we ordered cocktails (Happy Hour runs until 7:30) and perused the extensive menu. I'm a veggie and it was great to be given a seperate menu...made life that little bit easier! Our server was super friendly and patient (!) while we made our selections. We didn't have to wait long for our starters to arrive; several of us had nachos and they were almost like a main meal. To follow, I had the veggie chimichanga which was very filling. Both of the dishes that I had were tasty; my only niggle is that they did have a lot of onion, raw and cooked. While I appreciate that guacumole and salsa will have some onion, it did seem a lot...perhaps I was more aware because I am not the biggest fan of raw onion and my main had guacumole and salsa on top and more cooked onion in the filling. Anyway, after two courses, none of us could fit anymore in but I did see some desserts and they looked huge and yummy.
Our server was great; extremely friendly, helpful and attentive. She arranged for our birthday chica to get a champagne cocktail complete with candle.
Overall, we had a great time and considering how busy the place was, the service could not be faulted...excellent! Would definately recommend Las Igs and recommend making a reservation if thinking of going a peak times and also recommend the Mango Collins...delish!

• Visited August 2014