Hotel Felix
Ashley Hotel(Cambridge)
US$143
US$132
Good 3.5/5
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$120
Travelocity
US$231
US$202
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$55
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
US$112
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Cambridge (A14, J32) Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$102
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Cambridge City East Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$106
1,276 results
All reviewsgraffiti restaurantwhite company toiletrieslovely hoteljunior suitecity centreunderfloor heatingmini barfresh milkbath and showercontinental breakfastfull englishreception staffthe ground floorquiet locationenjoyable stayplenty of parkingfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2012

great hotel set in beautiful surroundings, very friendly, professional and helpful staff. Excellent restaurant, great breakfast and dinner was very good, even convinced a non-dessert person to try the apple pie and clotted cream, very naughty indeed. I found it a little pricey but was on business so rate is probably competitive for the location and level of service. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Cambridge and surrounding area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay. Indeed, our desserts are very tempting and I’m glad to know that you succumbed!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Felix in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My fiancée and I have now stayed at this hotel on a couple of occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed each stay. Being a businessman, I stay in lots of hotels so have a pretty fair range of experiences to compare Hotel Felix with.

From the moment you arrive, to the moment you leave, you feel welcome and are treated with the utmost courtesy and respect. Although Cambridge is such a wonderful place to explore, it makes the visit so much more special and memorable when one is able to enjoy such wonderful hotel facilities and services during a stay. Not only is the Hotel superb, so is the Graffiti restaurant - The food is fantastic and they offer a very good selection of wines to complement each meal. Oh yes, the parking is spacious and safe!

I would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel Felix to my friends as a truly memorable experience awaits!

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic and ideal for those seeking a little more luxury during their stay. Our suite had a double sized bath, seperate double rain forest shower and twin sinks, The main room was huge with tv, dvd, cd, loungers, mini bar, a very large comfy bed and the best view in the hotel - a large top floor balcony which looks out of the wonderful grounds.
1  Thank David W
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback David and also for making Hotel Felix the subject of your first review.

On behalf of the team here, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward very much to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

yes i have been before and yes i have reviewed this hotel, but it is still a great place to unwind. arrived with a positive welcome stayed reading the sunday papers in the bar on a very busy day but all the staff working hard were unobtrusive. relaxed in the comfortable bedroom and dozed then had a fabulous meal in the restaurant in the evening.Really interesting food well prepared and served without rushing us. once again an excellent stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

I’m glad that you had another restful and enjoyable stay at Hotel Felix and it’s good to know that we’re still operating to the same high standards that you have enjoyed in the past. Do come again!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for our anniversary. First thing to say is about the hotels location, which is a little under 2 miles from the city centre...the distance would put off those without deep pockets for taxis, or strong legs for walking. There are buses, but if you miss one it is a 20 min wait. It took us 30 mins to walk in.

The grounds and the old part of the building are beautifully kept. The bulk of the bedrooms are on modern extensions to the main building, but despite this they tie in nicely with the rest of the building.

The hotel describes itself as 'boutique', and this does apply but in a limited way. There is plenty of lovely artwork on the walls, and lovely furniture throughout. I especially liked the giant spider painting in the bar. I would expect individually decorated bedrooms, but they all seemed to be of similar colour schemes, with grey walls and purple/brown trimmings.

Our room was a cut above the normal business travel hotel, with a lovely bed, nice furniture and a small but gorgeous bathroom with a wonderful separate shower. I did get a bit warm at night, the lack of air con didn't help on the muggy night we had. I noticed there was a fan, but it would have only circulated warm air around. Once I nodded off though, it was a good nights sleep. The bedlinen was of excellent quality, but I felt my pillow was too soft. There were no spares to use as an alternative. This is a personal taste thing, but I would have liked to have one or two more to hand if needed. The staff happily brought an iron and ironing board to the room, as there was none in the room.

Free wifi is available throughout the hotel and the staff would happily dish out vouchers for the wifi for as many devices as you have. Very useful to do research on the city. It was a good speed and good enough to watch the iplayer/you tube etc.

Late at night I managed to watch the football highlights. Although the tv was a good size the service is not HD, and has the usual standard menu options that you get in Holiday Inn, Ramada etc I think the supplier of these tv's should upgrade soon, as they are now fuzzy compared with what is available for the home (a minor thing I know).

Food and Drink. We didn't eat at the hotel in the evenings, as we chose to dine in Cambridge. However the breakfast was very good, with a great choice of fruit, muesli, granola, yoghurt, cereal, juice, toast, croissant etc for the continental option My wife said her English breakfast was OK. I had the sublime smoked haddock and poached eggs two days in a row. It was quite excellent, especially with the granary toast. When we did look at the menu, the description of the food put my wife off, as she prefers plain speaking dishes without a lot of fussy description, sauces and ingredients she doesn't like. I would eat most things (apart from aubergines) so the menu seemed ok to me, but anticipated my wife's misgivings about it. See my reviews about Don Pasquales and the St John's Chophouse for examples of great eateries in Cambridge.

We had no need to complain about anything, and when we needed help the staff were very happy to accommodate. When I saw some surly chap complaining about soggy chips to the very kind receptionist, she handled it professionally and swiftly.

My main gripe about the hotel was the lack of leisure activities. You are a long way from the city centre, so they need to have something there for the residents to do other than enjoy the grounds, bar and restaurant would be nice. They do have a massage service that comes to your room on request, but I would have preferred to have access to a pool/gym/spa facility. The grounds seemed big enough to accommodate this, and for me this would have been a big win, as I like to swim.

Overall though it was a very nice hotel, with great staff, who should be proud of their work and the hotel as a whole. Get that gym/pool area sorted and get it right, and it would be nudging an excellent for me.

Room Tip: We had room 95 in the far corner, opposite the sports fields. Very little noise from the fields, or road traffic (hotel drive ran under our room). All rooms could greatly benefit from aircon, but a fan is provided.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Being so close to Cambridge, we are very fortunate to be surrounded by beautiful trees and landscaped gardens and we make every effort to keep our lawns well-manicured.

We are proud of our eclectic collection of art and I’m glad that you liked the painting of the spider in the Bar… rather a Marmite work of art and certainly a topic of conversation!

With the exception of the bedrooms in the main part of the hotel, which have high ceilings, the majority of our rooms are fairly similar in décor. Some have individual, bespoke wall paper, which differentiates them from our other bedrooms. We rarely get complaints about pillows, but I do appreciate your comments. Firmer pillows are available to guests upon request. Air conditioning is another valid comment and this is something that we are considering very seriously at the moment.

Thank you also for raising the point about the television in your room. This matter has already been raised with our Operations Manager, who is due to meet shortly with our TV and systems supplier.

I also appreciate your comments regarding leisure facilities at Hotel Felix, which I have passed onto our General Manager for consideration. Whilst we don’t have a pool, there are some lovely walks nearby, including the woodland grounds of nearby Girton College, or the short walk into the City centre, which takes about 30 minutes. Great for stretching the legs…and saves on petrol and parking!

Thank you for your final comment, which means an awful lot to everyone working at Hotel Felix. Our team work incredibly hard to ensure that we treat all of our guests individually and in a polite, helpful and friendly manner. I’m so glad that they made your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Good:
Design, feel of rooms, bathrooms, bed linen, mattress, tv etc. Breakfasts. Fan in room. White Company products.

Less good:
Location - a long walk from the town centre.
Room very hot and was surprised there was no air conditioning.

Would definitely return - this was my 2nd visit. Great for romantic breaks but also for business (free wifi, good desk). One of my favourite hotels and certainly the best I've tried in Cambridge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

We're delighted that you chose to stay with us again and that you enjoyed your visit to Cambridge. We're flattered by your comments… thank you so much!

Whilst we can't do much about our location, a mile from the centre of town, we have plenty of free parking. Guests staying at Hotel Felix can catch a bus into Cambridge from the top of our road or take a short taxi ride, which can be cheaper than parking in town.

Thank you for your prompt regarding air conditioning.This is something that we are currently looking into.