Hotel Felix
Ashley Hotel(Cambridge)
US$143
US$132
Good 3.5/5
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$120
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$55
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
US$112
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Cambridge (A14, J32) Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$102
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Cambridge City East Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$106
1,276 results
All reviewsgraffiti restaurantwhite company toiletrieslovely hoteljunior suitecity centreunderfloor heatingmini barfresh milkbath and showercontinental breakfastfull englishreception staffthe ground floorquiet locationenjoyable stayplenty of parkingfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We spent 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend at the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Rooms are high quality, beds comfortable, fittings throughout have spared no expense. Staff attentive throughout at bar, reception and breakfast. Nice terrace to have drinks outside and food was prepared to a very good standard.
Breakfast food quality is excellent, but at £170 a night I would have expected not to pay extra for a cooked breakfast, when only continental was included, good as it was!
Would have been 5 stars but for the charge for breakfast and for two issues with housekeeping. Firstly would have expected the room to be ready on the Saturday afternoon to have been turned around on returning at 5pm and secondly toiletries such as shampoo and cotton buds were not replaced daily, a bit like the breakfast issue - are these cost savings worth it when compared to the guests experience?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind comments following your recent stay at Hotel Felix. I'm so glad that you had a lovely time, but am sorry that it was marred by a few little niggles. I don't understand the issue that you had regarding your room being turned around by 5pm. Our housekeeping team had left by 4.30pm that day, and I am therefore unable to make any further comment. With regard to the toiletries in your bathroom, these should have been replaced every day during your stay and I apologise for the fact they were not. We offer 24 hour room service and always have a duty manager available for guests who have any issues during their stay. This ensures that things can be put right immediately.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

comfortable rooms, great views, free parking, friendly staff and good continental breakfast.

would have been good to have the cooked breakfast included but the croissants, pain au chocolat and fruit was still nice.

good location, bit of a walk to the city centre. park and ride is very close and cheaper than city parking.

• Stayed: May 2013

Wonderful to hear that you had such a lovely stay at Hotel Felix. I note your comments regarding our Continental breakfast. Most people seem to opt for this choice, hence the reason for including it in our room rate.

We have ample free parking at Hotel Felix. As you say, a 30 minute stroll into the centre of Cambridge, but it is certainly cheaper to leave the car at the hotel and take the 5 minute bus or taxi ride into the centre.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

My wife stayed here for my birthday (50th) weekend. The rooms are very nice and even nicer when the hotel upgraded us due to my birthday the only downside was there was a wedding in the hotel and it was very busy and noisy in the bar area. We did have a dinner booking but it was too noisy to in there so we cancelled our table and drove into Cambridge for dinner. Overhaul very happy

• Stayed: May 2013

Congratulations on your special Birthday and I am delighted that you chose to celebrate it at Hotel Felix. I am so very sorry that the wedding that day disrupted what I suspect would have been a fabulous dinner. Nonetheless, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I'm a regular traveler to Cambridge and stayed at the Felix for 2 nights for the first time this week. Overall impression was good. Well presented hotel, good modern rooms, great breakfast (did not eat in restaurant). My room was in the modern part and was large with good bathroom, but maybe a bit dark as was on ground floor. Located a couple of miles north of Cambridge, which is OK if you have a car (plenty of parking), but more complicated if you want to eat out downtown. Service was very good an staff are clearly well trained.

Couple of downsides: their wifi system is awkward. They give you a set of login credentials from some kind of ticketing system and (at least with my ipad and iphone) you have to keep entering them again regularly. Would be much better to just have same system as other hotels where you enter once and can connect freely. I imagine this do this so that they can more easily charge people for wifi, which brings me to my second point. You get the impression that it's a hotel where the management want to make as much money as possible from each guest (many small signs give this impression).

I would definitely stay there again, but not as impressive as Varsity in central Cambridge.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Many thanks for your recent review and I am delighted that you enjoyed the hospitality of Hotel Felix. Thank you for raising the issue of our WiFi system. It is interesting to see this from a guest's perspective. We offer free WiFi for guests of the hotel, but have had issues in the past with people walking in and abusing the system. You comments have prompted us to look into this matter and revise it to make it easier for everyone. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I booked in advance and at the time of booking, made a special request regarding the sandwiches. This was acknowledged as we were seated but unfortunately not reflected when tea was served. It took nearly 25 minutes for four finger sandwiches to be made and brought to me. A glass of Pimms each was supposed to be included in the meal but wasn't offered and to be honest, having waited so long for the sandwiches, we lost interest.

Food quality was, however, in the main pretty good although service could have been a bit sharper

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so very sorry that your recent trip to Hotel Felix proved disappointing. We usually get such good feedback on food and service. It seems that on this occasion, the food was good but the service unacceptable. I have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager who will raise them with his team.

If you live locally, can I suggest that you come back and enjoy the two glasses of Pimm's that were not served to you as they should have been? Please drop me an email at sales.manager@hotelfelix.co.uk and I will put a voucher in the post to you.