“Excellent”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night due to a work function. Situated just outside the centre but easy to find. Plenty of parking. Lovely reception upon arrival indeed all staff were extremely polite and helpful throughout. Breakfast was included in our tariff and we both ordered the full English. When it arrived I was actually slightly disappointed by the amount on the plate. However, I have learnt that quality really can supercede quantity (especially with a slight hangover!). It was absolutely excellent, couldn't fault it. My husband even asked the toast to be cooked a little more as it was a little underdone. The manager (who happened to be nearest) made no fuss and whisked it away. She returned swiftly with the re-cooked toast plus an extra slice. I love it when it just isn't a big deal to satisfy a guests individualities (particularly in my husbands case!!!). It makes all the difference to a stay like this and we really do appreciate it.
If we come back to Cambridge, we will look to stay here again. Thankyou and well done !!!

Room Tip: We had room 34 which was a Premier room on the ground floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blue_Rabbit_5
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

It was a delight to read your review following your recent stay. Your comments are much appreciated thank you. We do our utmost to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay and that their individual needs are met. It is so important to understand and appreciate that no two guests are the same. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back, but do remember to book with us directly in order to secure our best available rates,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Booked a single night at the Felix Hotel while on a business trip to Cambridge. Located just out of the centre in a quiet location but easily found from the main road as unlike most hotels it is really well signposted. Very impressive on arrival, spacious grounds, lots of parking near to the building - important when raining and it was - heavily!

Efficient check in, spacious comfortable bedroom and bathroom, couldn't be faulted. Attentive staff, pleasant bar and lovely ambience in the restaurant. Evening meal and full English breakfast both excellent and good value all round.

Definitely moved to top of my list for hotels in this area and for Cambridge tourists a must!

Room Tip: I was a late arrival so took what I was given, having walked around I think all rooms are going to b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank for your review following your recent business trip to Cambridge. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Hotel Felix is on the top of your list for hotels in Cambridge. We are extremely flattered by your comments, for which we thank you.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night & weren't disappointed in our choice, although a few minor niggles stopped it from being great. The hotel is a mixture of old and new, with neutral decor. We had booked a twin room, but it was made up as a double - a phone call to reception and someone came and split the beds up. Only one set of towels was in the bathroom - it took two phone calls before someone came with the extra towels. The room itself was about average sized for a 4 star hotel & contained a desk, chair, tv etc - all very "standard". The mattress on the bed was far too hard for me & I slept badly. There was a minibar and a kettle & tea/coffee.

We ate in the "Graffiti" restaurant in the hotel. The food was served very stylishly, and was fine - but not great. It was spoilt slightly by my daughter finding a piece of cling-film in her dessert.... We had a continental breakfast (cooked was available to order) - the choice was not as large as in most business hotels, but adequate.

Overall a good hotel, the staff were helpful and friendly and if I were in the area I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Felix following your recent visit to Cambridge. Firstly, please may I apologise for the fact that your bedroom was set up for single occupancy of a double room and not made into a twin for your daughter and yourself. As you say, this was duly rectified, but it would explain why there was only one set of towels in the bathroom. Apologies also for the delay in delivering a second set to your room. I am sorry to hear that you did not sleep well. All of the mattresses in our rooms are made by Hypnos which carry a Royal Warrant of Approval. I was shocked to hear that your daughter found a piece of cling-film in her dessert. Not a pleasant experience I do agree, but I do hope that this and the other 'niggles' which you mentioned will not deter you from returning in the future. I do hope not..

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Hotel Felix is a leisurely 2 mile walk (40 min) outside of Cambridge. It's a quiet retreat boasting spacious rooms, heated bathroom floor along with heated towel rack, separate shower, oversized tub & relatively comfortable beds. But the crown jewel of this hotel is the restaurant. The chef does an amazing job keeping the menu interesting. This is not your usual hotel fare. Even if you don't stay at the hotel, make it a point to reserve a table and you will not be disappointed. Separate bar/sunroom staffed by friendly waiters, especially Kody who helped make our stay quite enjoyable with her lively conversation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

What lovely feedback. Thank you very much. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Graffiti Restaurant offers a vibrant and stylish setting and our Head Chef is do a smashing job in creating interesting and imaginative menus, which have met with the approval of many of our guests, resident and non-resident.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was my second visit to this great hotel this year and I was not disappointed. The hotel and its staff were first class. The food in the restaurant was great - nouvelle cuisine with some unusual combinations. My room was spacious and well appointed, the bathroom had a bath and separate shower . All in all another great visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We are flattered by your wonderful comments. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in mid November. Very comfortable, well appointed bedroom with every facility. Good breakfast in the morning in busy dining room. Very convenient location a short taxi journey from city centre. Very helpful staff in reception.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is lovely to hear from guests who favour our peaceful and convenient location a short drive from the city centre. As we say, better to take advantage of our free parking and take the short taxi or bus ride into town. It is quicker and cheaper as it saves on parking fees.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

What a fantastic Hotel! situated on the outskirts benefiting from a peaceful location but only a 10 minute taxi ride to the hustle and bustle of town. Has the added convenience of free car parking.
The hotel itself was spotlessly clean with stunning artwork tastefully displayed throughout. Reception/check in was fast and easy lovely helpful staff but for me the Room was the best part ! Having been upgraded to the Penthouse I cannot say enough of how wonderful that room was I didn't want to leave it was simply stunning. The bathroom was amazingly spacious with a double bath a very large rainful walk in show, seating area, large tv ,minibar, Aircon, and most importantly a comfy bed. Very quite didn't hear any noise. Breakfast far exceeded my expectations, a tasty full English and toast that arrived hot! Staff attentive by not intrusive.
Overall the most wonderful stay, a little gem of a hotel hope to return one day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyTraveller499

What a highly complimentary review. This is very much appreciated and it has been shared with the team within the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the peaceful setting of the hotel and that you took advantage of our free parking and took the short taxi ride into the city centre.