Hotel Felix
US$305
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$114
HIExpress.com
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
US$144
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$246
US$215
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
  • Breakfast included
1,285 results
All reviewsgraffiti restaurantwhite company toiletrieslovely hoteljunior suitecity centreunderfloor heatingmini barfresh milkbath and showercontinental breakfastfull englishreception staffthe ground floorquiet locationenjoyable stayplenty of parkingfree parking
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We enjoyed our evening dinner and night at Hotel Felix. A very relaxing and enjoyable time. We would recommend the hotel. Staff very pleasant and helpful, especially on reception and in the bar. Room was comfy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the hospitality of Hotel Felix.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed afternoon tea in the beautiful orangery, overlooking the lovely grounds. We were very well looked after by pleasant and attentive staff. The tea was fresh, delicious and varied. Sandwiches and cake, scones and homemade sweets were plentiful. We thoroughly relaxed and spent a most enjoyable afternoon being spoiled! Thank you Hotel Felix!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

How lovely to hear that you enjoyed an afternoon of pure indulgence here at Hotel Felix. We do receive very good feedback regarding our Felix Tea, which as you say is served in the beautiful and relaxed setting of the Orangery. Now that it is getting warmer, we are serving them al fresco on our sunny south-facing Terrace.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My partner & I had a very relaxing stay & the reception staff were particularly helpful & polite. The only small gripe we had (I see from a previous review, we're not alone) was the quality of the English breakfast. I think everything we ate had been ready for at least a couple of hours. If they are at the level of charging £7.50 on top of what was included in the room price, the least I would expect would be a freshly cooked fried egg! That aside, we enjoyed our stay & would probably stay again...if the breakfast was sorted out!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. How lovely to hear that you had a relaxing stay, but I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your cooked breakfast. We use the best quality produce and each breakfast is freshly cooked to order. As such, I cannot understand why yours was not to our usual standard. I appreciate your comments, and that of a fellow reviewer, and have raised the matter with our head chef.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I called in to check this place out as a venue for a future meeting. Really liked the whole place, clean, and seemingly well run. Sadly one staff member doesn't understand that customers are there to be sold things. I arrived in the restaurant at 10.02 am and asked if I could have breakfast. 'no, it's after ten o'clock' By two minutes? With guests in the restaurant still waiting their breakfast?
Was I offered a coffee? NO, just NO, we've finished. Now call me old fashioned but here's a hotel with a vast amount of money spent on it and the staff don't understand what pays their wages!

Get a grip someone please

Room Tip: yet to stay, looks really inviting and I'd recommend from the initial impression until I hit a staff problem!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank John E
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

I am so, so sorry to read your review. The attitude of this particular member of staff is totally unacceptable and does not in any way reflect our usual standards of service. What he or she should have said to you is 'I am sorry Sir, but breakfast service has now finished. However given that it is two minutes after 10am, you are more than welcome to help yourself to the cold breakfast buffet. If you would like something hot, we have a Café Bar Menu which is served from 10.00 until 12.00. It features dishes such as toasted bacon sandwich and creamed chestnut mushrooms on toast, amongst others. After reading this, I do hope that you will come again?

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great rooms and funky interiors. Staff very friendly and professional. An excellent nights sleep in the peaceful room with very comfortable furnishings. Minor downside of an early Sunday morning breakfast was that the Saturday night clean-up had missed a lot of food and crumbs on the floors of the main restaurant - not too appetising, but the food was worth it, well cooked and well presented. Will go back.

Room Tip: Room 35 is miles from anything, worth the hike for the peace & quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that our lovely staff ensured that your stay was enjoyable and that our Hypnos mattresses provided a wonderfully relaxing night's sleep. I do apologise for the fact that there were crumbs on the floor in the restaurant when you went through for breakfast. Our General Manager has already spoken to our restaurant team, indicating that it was totally unacceptable. Lovely to hear that you will be returning to stay with us!