Hotel Felix
US$317
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$114
HIExpress.com
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$246
US$215
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
US$154
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
1,285 results
All reviewsgraffiti restaurantwhite company toiletrieslovely hoteljunior suitecity centreunderfloor heatingmini barfresh milkbath and showercontinental breakfastfull englishreception staffthe ground floorquiet locationenjoyable stayplenty of parkingfree parking
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is very well appointed - comfy beds; good clean rooms; excellent decor throughout, lovely gardens. However the food service was not good. one evening we waited for 30 mins for bar meals to be served, and had to give up waiting for cooked food at breakfast. The staff though were very helpful - especially housekeeping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review and it is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality and comfort of Hotel Felix. I am so sorry that you stay was let down by the service in the restaurant. For this, please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the weekend and was amazed at what a fab hotel it was. Stunning building and gardens. Room was very spacious, I stayed in a king suite. Really clean and well decorated. Reception staff were fab and really friendly. Nice restaurant and bar. Really couldn't fault it. And a good location for the centre with plenty of parking!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LYDIA165
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your fabulous review which I have shared with the team here at Hotel Felix. Great to hear that you couldn't fault a thing! Indeed our location, just five minutes' drive from the City centre, is one of our assets and we have plenty of free parking for guests too.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

First of all: In the UK it is better to book a room directly with the hotel than through the Agoda's of this world. Direct booking will give you a free or full English breakfast, whereas you get no or only a continental breakfast through an agent, at the same price.
That being said, the full works at the Felix are a bit disappointing: hard runners and bacon, poor mushrooms and sloppy potatoes. the toast is fine, though.
It is a shame that the Felix has no bicycles available either for free or for rent. The distance to Cambridge is a 20 minutes walk and busses are not frequent in the evening.
The outside on the picture is the only memory of the past that lingers, the interior is completely refurbished to the taste of a local interior designer.
To our surprise there are not many suitable hotels available in Cambridge, so in the realm of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Suzanne R, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Many thanks for your review. Indeed you are correct that we offer excellent rates and include full English breakfast for bookings made directly through the hotel. It is interesting that you mention bike hire at the hotel. We actually looked into this recently as we too thought that guests would love to cycle down the leafy avenue into town. Sadly, however, we had to abandon the idea due to... Health and Safety issues. Sorry!

Hotel Felix is based around a beautiful Victorian Villa built in 1852 for a surgeon who worked at Addenbrooke's Hospital. Since its conversion to a hotel, the owners have been very sympathetic and in spite of its contemporary design, many period features still abound, including the feature arch window at the top of the staircase, as well as the original wooden bannister. The bay windows in our restaurant and private rooms are original and many guests comment on the ornate working fireplace in Graffiti Restaurant. Some of the splendid specimen trees in our grounds must be almost 150 years old. We like to think that Hotel Felix is a wonderful blend of stylish contemporary comfort and 19th Century inspiration.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Gd rate per night for the area and is not like chain hotels. It is a boutique hotel, food is ok but expensive. Rooms are clean and staff are friendly. Definitely recommend this hotel to others who want a change in the usual chain hotels that you get in the area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hotel Felix is a privately-owned hotel and as such the beautiful interior design, contemporary art collection and the service that we provide sets us apart from chain hotels, many of which are dictated to by Head Office. I'm glad that you feel that we offer good value for money - we intend to do just that. With regard to food, we offer a variety of menus from the à la carte menu which is served in our fine dining Graffiti Menu, to our set price lunch menu and our Café Bar menu, both of which are very affordable.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed in a number of hotels in the Cambridge area over the years, and we decided to try this after my partner had a business meeting there and he had been impressed with what he had seen of the hotel.

It is a nice looking hotel and the welcome by reception was extremely friendly and efficient.

As we were only staying the one night, we went for the standard king size room. It is extremely rare we don’t upgrade or have a junior suite, so I was a little nervous. I needn’t have been as it was a very good sized room, with a big comfy bed (and it was comfy!). It was Bank Holiday weekend, so although the hotel was busy and our room was on the ground floor it was very quiet in our actual room. There wasn’t a lot of wardrobe space, plenty for one night, but I believe the larger rooms have more wardrobe space and with that in mind had we have been staying for more than 2 nights, I would upgrade – but definitely not worth it for one night! The bathroom was well designed with a separate shower – I really do not like showers over the bath for many reasons including safety – and it had under floor heating, which was frankly divine!

The conservatory area is lovely to sit and relax in (the hotel cannot be blamed for the unruly children, that lay with the parents – who didn’t seem to know they had children!). The gardens are beautiful and again there is a lovely sitting area (sadly, we had traditional Bank Holiday weather!). We had dinner at the hotel, and I wouldn’t say it was wonderful, because frankly it was just about average. They had run out of my chosen starter and I personally felt the menu was a bit lacking in choice. Having said that, my dining companions thoroughly enjoyed their meal and I am fussy eater! Breakfast was okay, a good continental selection and there is a separate menu for a cooked breakfast (there is a supplement for this). I don’t know what the cooked breakfasts were like, as ours never arrived!

The only reason I haven't given an excellent is dinner was just okay and breakfast never turned up. Also, although the service was very friendly it was somewhat slow (very slow to be honest) and there were language issues on quite a few occasions - but that is much the same in any hotel these days!

All the staff were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cambridge or the surrounding area (we were racing at Huntingdon). In my view, the hotel is good value, with friendly staff, the rooms are lovely and it is easy to get to and easy to park – and it is a short trip into Cambridge. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I really appreciate the feedback that you have given following your stay over Bank Holiday weekend, but am sorry that the sun was shy as it tends to be just when we have a little more time to enjoy it! I apologise also for the behaviour of the unruly children that you mentioned. We don't see them very often, but tend to find that dogs are better behaved and we welcome them in our rooms. You mention our comfy beds as most guests do. All bedrooms have Hypnos mattresses and underfloor heating in bathrooms, as you mention. Sorry that we just missed out on an 'excellent' score and I have pointed out your comments regarding service to our General Manager. Great to hear that you appreciated the customer service for which we have a really fantastic reputation.