“felt very welcome and looked after”
Review of Arbury Lodge

Arbury Lodge
Arbury Lodge
Ranked #37 of 126 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I stayed for almost two weeks and felt home away from home. Good, comfortable room, good en-suite facilities. Anita obviously enjoys hosting and looked after me very well; nothing seemed too much trouble. I can recommend this as a great stay. Exactly what I was hoping for.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was the worst B and B in 5 weeks of travelling in UK. Ugly house, basic accommodation, no ambiance, small room, tired furnishings and linen. Very pleasant owner.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pambill
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I regularly stay with Anita and as a solo female traveller I cannot commend this B&B enough!
Anita ensures all guests are well looked after and always lets me have the same room each time when availability allows.
The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily, with fresh towels.
The breakfasts are fantastic and there is plenty of choice of cereal/fruit/yoghurts etc as well as a cooked breakfasts.
Wireless internet is provided free of charge, which can be accessed from the rooms.
There is always parking available.
I feel very safe and comfortable staying here and would thoroughly reccomend this hotel to all!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank cakelover06
Reviewed 5 November 2010

After reading the reviews I booked for one night and needed a room I could work in and the landlady Anita was very helpful in providing me with a suitable table and even printed out a letter I needed on her laptop. I had a ground floor family room which was a reasonable size and had plenty of space to put all my stuff. The en suite was of a decent size with a good strong shower and nice shampoo and shower gel. The breakfast was really good. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We were very comfortable, and felt sincerely welcomed. The room and bathroom were clean and nicely decorated, and the breakfast was bountiful, just delicious! Hospitality is a pleasure for Anita, who obviously enjoys what she's doing.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Perfect accommodation for a short stay/weekend break. 5 min walk to bus route into Cambridge, or 20 min walk into the city along the beautifully scenic River Cam. Clean, well presented en-suite room with some lovely touches. Very accommodating staff who made me gluten free porridge for breakfast, and provided me with breakfast an hour earlier than usual in preparation for my marathon in Halstead . Also recommended a lovely italian restaurant on the riverside a couple of weeks before my stay. Nothing was too much trouble, and future visits to Cambridge will bring me back to Arbury Lodge.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We had a pleasant 3 night stay at Arbury Lodge.

We found the owner Anita to be very friendly. We stayed in the double en-suite room and it was very clean, neat and welcoming. We did find the bed to be very hard, rather too hard for our taste. Breakfast was fine, we are both veggies and on the one occassion we had a cooked breakfast we were disappointed that the promised veggie sausages didn't materialise.

Buses run right past the B&B so it is easy to get into the city.

All in all, an pleasant, affordable place to stay if you don't need to be in the centre of Cambridge.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple