Review Highlights
Valentines wine and cheese tasting

Got it as Birthday gift. Really enjoyed the whole eveining, we tried 7 different wines with... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Assya30
London, England, United Kingdom
via mobile
Wine and Cheese appreciation evening.

Maybe the first thing to say is, we have friends coming for dinner on Saturday night and today I'm... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
John M
Wellingborough

Recommended experiences in and around Cambridge
from US$18.16
from US$22.87
from US$21.53
from US$46.42
More Info
All reviews wine tasting wset level different wines very enjoyable evening new world wines bottle of champagne italian wines an excellent teacher wine class grape varieties royal cambridge wide range of wines brew house blind tasting food pairings host mark gift voucher
Reviewed 19 January 2015

A gift was given to my husband and I which was brilliant as it is something I have had on my 'bucket list' for a long time.
The day didn't disappoint. We learnt a huge amount about many different wines including the 'aroma' of 'struck match (sulphur) somewhat unexpected, even to Mark.
Mark had a good style about him, the explanations and presentation easy going and professional.
Other guests interesting and friendly. Venue and lunch most acceptable.
Will definitely go again and would highly recommend this day out.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 14 January 2015

...then you need to visit Mark at the Cambridgeshire Wine School.

A splendid evening had by all at our first of eight wine tasting evenings with Mark. It was a packed room full of strangers to begin with, but we were soon put at ease as the wine flowed. Mark had prepared the room with six glasses per person, a sheet of information, a page for us to take notes and of course plenty of delicious nibbles. Not to mention a clear and easy presentation that even I could follow. We packed a lot into one evening experiencing white wines, red wines and even a dessert wine. Marc has explained to us what to look for, how to appreciate a glass of wine long before taking a sip. I am looking forward to not feeling so hopeless in the wine aisle. We have so much to look forward to in the next seven evenings, especially the fizz with fish and chips!

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank Amanda W
markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Thanks so much Amanda for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased you are enjoying the course and this when we are only at week one! I look forward to helping you better navigate the world of wine.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

A great time had by all playing this game. Mark is a brilliant host!
It didn't matter that the group was made up of people who had a mix of wine knowledge. I would highly recommend Cambridgeshire Wine School!

Date of experience: December 2014

Thanks Kerry - I really enjoy playing the blind tasting game and I think your group was a lot of fun.

Reviewed 23 December 2014

It was interesting and enjoyable and included wine, what more can i say! Mark came to us and brought all that was needed.

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

A couple of hours of very enjoyable wine tasting for a small company social event. Informative and entertaining and it didn't matter that the group was made up of people who had a mix of wine knowledge. I would highly recommend Cambridgeshire Wine School and Mark!

Thanks - I really appreciate being with a group of very mixed experience because there is so much fun stuff to learn about wine.