Review Highlights
Great Evening of Cheese and Wine

A really enjoyable evening trying 7 different wine and cheese pairings. A good mix of background... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
HowardNelson
Cambridge, United Kingdom
via mobile
Tuesday Evening Class

I'm relatively new to Cambridge and was looking to do something social instead of sitting at home... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
mollyhI3571NE

Recommended experiences in and around Cambridge
from US$23.00
from US$19.70
from US$21.03
from US$18.40
More Info
All reviews wine tasting wset level different wines very enjoyable evening new world wines bottle of champagne italian wines an excellent teacher wine class royal cambridge grape varieties brew house blind tasting wide range of wines food pairings host mark gift voucher
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Booked wine tasting for my friends hen do and we all had a great time. Mark was a great host, informative and funny. We learnt a lot and enjoyed seeing the bride to be open a bottle of champagne with a sword!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 19 January 2015

A gift was given to my husband and I which was brilliant as it is something I have had on my 'bucket list' for a long time.
The day didn't disappoint. We learnt a huge amount about many different wines including the 'aroma' of 'struck match (sulphur) somewhat unexpected, even to Mark.
Mark had a good style about him, the explanations and presentation easy going and professional.
Other guests interesting and friendly. Venue and lunch most acceptable.
Will definitely go again and would highly recommend this day out.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 14 January 2015

...then you need to visit Mark at the Cambridgeshire Wine School.

A splendid evening had by all at our first of eight wine tasting evenings with Mark. It was a packed room full of strangers to begin with, but we were soon put at ease as the wine flowed. Mark had prepared the room with six glasses per person, a sheet of information, a page for us to take notes and of course plenty of delicious nibbles. Not to mention a clear and easy presentation that even I could follow. We packed a lot into one evening experiencing white wines, red wines and even a dessert wine. Marc has explained to us what to look for, how to appreciate a glass of wine long before taking a sip. I am looking forward to not feeling so hopeless in the wine aisle. We have so much to look forward to in the next seven evenings, especially the fizz with fish and chips!

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank Amanda W
markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Thanks so much Amanda for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased you are enjoying the course and this when we are only at week one! I look forward to helping you better navigate the world of wine.

Mark

Reviewed 5 January 2015

A great time had by all playing this game. Mark is a brilliant host!
It didn't matter that the group was made up of people who had a mix of wine knowledge. I would highly recommend Cambridgeshire Wine School!

Date of experience: December 2014

Thanks Kerry - I really enjoy playing the blind tasting game and I think your group was a lot of fun.

Mark

Reviewed 23 December 2014

It was interesting and enjoyable and included wine, what more can i say! Mark came to us and brought all that was needed.

Date of experience: October 2014