Review Highlights
Valentines wine and cheese tasting

Got it as Birthday gift. Really enjoyed the whole eveining, we tried 7 different wines with... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Assya30
London, England, United Kingdom
via mobile
Wine and Cheese appreciation evening.

Maybe the first thing to say is, we have friends coming for dinner on Saturday night and today I'm... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
John M
Wellingborough

Recommended experiences in and around Cambridge
from US$18.16
from US$22.87
from US$21.53
from US$46.42
More Info
All reviews wine tasting wset level different wines very enjoyable evening new world wines bottle of champagne italian wines an excellent teacher wine class grape varieties royal cambridge wide range of wines brew house blind tasting food pairings host mark gift voucher
Reviewed 21 June 2016

We attended to celebrate my birthday and to improve our knowledge and understanding of wine generally and how to develop our skills in identify a quality wine and the ability to pair different wines with food.
Mark was an excellent host and provided a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere and the opportunity to explore a range of different experiences and a welcome challenge to pre- conceived ideas about certain varieties of wine. I was pleasantly surprised and very much enjoyed the chance to appreciate such a wide range .
The venue also sets the scene and provides for a relaxed and warm environment.
The lunch provided was also of a good quality.
A thoroughly enjoyable and fun day. I would highly recommend a visit.

Date of experience: June 2016
markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thanks kahasolutions for this great review. I love making people feel relaxed and ensuring they are having fun whilst learning. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves and would recommend coming along to other people!

Reviewed 19 June 2016

We had been given a voucher nearly 2 years ago and were delighted to find out that there is no expiry date - this in itself is unusual and well received. What a brilliant day. Mark was so passionate about his subject and we came away feeling we can now look at a bottle of wine and actually appreciate what we are drinking. All the wines we tasted were so different and Mark talked us though what we should be not only tasting, but the colour, textures and smells involved. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience in a fantastic venue and the two course meal included added to the value. We enjoyed it so much we have booked another course for our Anniversary in October. We would certainly recommend Cambridgeshire Wine Schools. Thank you Mark.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Gift voucher bought for a relatives birthday when I couldn't think of anything else. Saw an advert for here and thought I would give it a go. Easy to purchase vouchers online and reasonably priced. Arrived promptly by post. Recipient found it very easy to book experience and had plenty of choice. He really enjoyed the evening and would recommend it. I really liked how the hotel were happy for his partner to wait in the lounge for the duration of the course.

Date of experience: April 2016

Thankyou Garden3 for writing this lovely review. Our Gift Vouchers are a very popular gift idea and I'm proud to be able to say our policy is to always accept them - they never expire, no matter how old they are. They are also cheaper when bought directly from our website than purchasing wine tasting experiences from gift companies.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I really enjoyed myself in the two-hour wine tasting session. It was my first time attending such an event, so I really didn't know what to expect. I was quite apprehensive before going, expecting to be too inexperienced compared to others that would be there. However, this certainly wasn't the case at all. Everyone was more or less in the same boat.

The theme for the evening was 'France vs New World: Bordeaux'. Mark gave an excellently put-together presentation that assisted his session throughout. He gave information on how the wine was made, where it was made and the things to look out for when tasting and comparing wines. It was really easy to follow and it was very satisfying when you could really get all the smells, tastes and textures from the wines, something I hadn't really noticed before.

All in all, it was definitely worth while and worth the money. Mark is very knowledgeable and was very good at answering any questions. I would highly recommend attending a wine tasting event with Mark if you're ever in and around Cambridge.

Date of experience: May 2016

Hi Jack and thanks very much for your glowing review. I love helping people better understand wine and I'm so glad you feel you are beginning to notice flavours and smells more. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Fantastic evening, informative, interesting and fun!
My partner and I are now contemplating taking the 8 week course.

Thank you Mark for sharing your knowledge.

Lyndsay

Date of experience: May 2016

Hello Lyndsay thanks very much for your 5-star rating. I very much look forward to seeing you on our 8-part World of Wine Tour evening class, but i would encourage you to book your place soon on the website because places do go quickly! Cheers, Mark.