Review Highlights
Great Evening of Cheese and Wine

A really enjoyable evening trying 7 different wine and cheese pairings. A good mix of background... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
HowardNelson
Cambridge, United Kingdom
via mobile
Tuesday Evening Class

I'm relatively new to Cambridge and was looking to do something social instead of sitting at home... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
mollyhI3571NE

Recommended experiences in and around Cambridge
from US$22.92
from US$19.64
from US$20.96
from US$18.34
More Info
All reviews wine tasting wset level different wines very enjoyable evening new world wines bottle of champagne italian wines an excellent teacher wine class royal cambridge grape varieties brew house blind tasting wide range of wines food pairings host mark gift voucher
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Caius College is an excellent choice of venue in Cambridge. Easy to get to and reeking of history, it was the perfect location for the wine tasting day that my wife had bought me as a gift for my birthday. Mark was a first rate host, having clearly planned all the details for the day and then proceeding to speak knowledgeably and enthusiastically about his subject. Lunch was excellent and the choice of wines covered a good breadth. My wife and I both learnt a lot about what we like, what we don't and why. A thoroughly enjoyable, well planned day. Thank you Mark.

Date of experience: October 2016
markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Hello Slartibartfast3 and thanks for your rave review. I love helping people understand their wine preferences better and I'm so glad you enjoyed the lunch, the venue and its history through the little mini tour I have added. I hope to see you again. Cheers, Mark.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Everyone is put at ease from evening one. The course is very professionally set out with wine notes that run inline with the tasting. New friends are made with fellow students that obviously have the same interests. Wine & food pairings now are much clearer.

Date of experience: September 2016

Hello Peter and thanks for this great review. I'm particularly glad that you feel clearer about pairing wine with food - we all love to get that experience going as well as possible when eating out or entertaining at home. Cheers, Mark

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We did the 8 week wine tasting course. It was a fun and interesting course with the right mix of information, enjoyable anecdotes, tasty wines and conversation with those around you.

The course was run from 7pm to 9:30 ish each night for 8 weeks and included tasting 6 or 7 wines each night. Cheese, crackers, salami and grapes are included to nibble on, but not enough for dinner, so either have dinner before hand or bring something extra for yourself.

I enjoyed trying different types of wine to what I would normally choose and also learning about the differences in common varieties that I often drink. A good mix of affordable and higher priced wines (nothing over £25 a bottle) which was helpful to identify value for money wines that I will purchase in the future and also for learning to taste what you are getting in the higher priced wines.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 1 October 2016

The location (Gonville and Caius College) was wonderful for this kind of event. The day was realxed, interesting, informative and most of all, great fun!

Date of experience: August 2016
markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thanks Paul for your review - I'm glad you had so much fun!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I went with friends to celebrates a birthday. We spend a really good time there.The explanations were interesting about the area, kind of grape, climate... You taste 6 different wine.

On the contrary, we miss more food. There were only some crackers, a few slices of cheese and salami. My friends and I agreed that it was necessary more cheese, maybe chorizo, ham, bread since after 6 wines most of the participants ended up a bit dizzy

Date of experience: September 2016

Thank you cibeles_10 for your review saying how much you enjoyed your wine tasting. Just to let you know, I always ensure my evenings consist of at least 6-7 wines sampled in a fully tutored way so that we can pace ourselves. Complimentary nibbles are available, but I also occasionally hold events with more food for those who want it (these are marked clearly on the website and the extra food makes them more expensive). Cheers, Mark.