“Great day in a great location”

Cambridgeshire Wine School
Ranked #1 of 145 things to do in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and informative wine tastings. For Saturdays and evening tastings, see dates and times on our website (Run a Google search to find us). We also offer private parties (birthdays, hen nights, staff socials, team building) and for an ideal present - Wine Tasting gift vouchers!
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Got vouchers for the wine school as a Christmas present and booked the intro to wines with 2 course lunch on a Saturday. The location, Gonville and Caius College, is perfect for such an event. The course was informative and excellently presented by Mark, very relaxed and easy to follow. Thoroughly enjoyed all 13 wines, the lunch was splendid and plentiful and the agenda for the day worked well with the added bonus of a short tour of the college and the history surrounding it. I would thoroughly recommend and hope to go again at some point for another of the many events offered.

Date of experience: February 2017
markanstead, Manager at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Hello Simon

Thanks very much for this great review and I'm so glad you enjoyed the day, the teaching, the wines, the lunch and the college mini tour. I hope to see you again.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"gift voucher"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 5 February 2017

My wife gave me this course for Christmas. It is the best present I received in many years. The course was thoroughly enjoyable right from the start to the end. The selection and presentation of the wines, the regions of the countries and the grape verities grown was perfect. Mark who kept us all engaged with his knowledge, expertise and humor while expertly presenting the course. The lunch, college garden tour and opening a bottle of champagne with a sword was just the icing on the top. I whole-heartedly recommend this course to anyone wishing to begin their experience of understanding wines. No prior knowledge is required, just an enjoyment of wines and a wish to learn more about this splendid subject.Thank you for a great day Mark.

Date of experience: February 2017

Wow thanks Henry for that great review and I'm delighted you feel the event was the best Christmas present you've received in years! What an endorsement that is! I think it's very important that our vouchers never expire giving anyone receiving it whether for Christmas, birthday or any other occasion as log as they like to decide when to come. You didn't wait long, however, and I hope to see you again on a Saturday themed around a different subject.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Very informative day in beautiful surroundings in a relaxed atmosphere. Mark was great. We enjoyed it immensely and will no doubt be back!

Date of experience: February 2017

Hello Helen I'm so glad you enjoyed the day and thanks for leaving a five-star review! I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

As I've lived in Cambridge for a few months now, I've kept thinking how nice it would be if one weekend I attend one of those day classes and enjoy a short introductory course to wine tasting. I can now definitely confirm this 5-hour tour in the world of wine lived up to my (very high) expectations and it ended up being unforgettable. My girlfriend and I truly enjoyed it, finding it both extremely pleasant and educative, and I would recommend anyone, who's got some time to spare in Cambridge and loves drinking wine, to sign up as soon as they can as spaces are limited. Be prepared to get a little tipsy so no important events to be scheduled after the course!

Date of experience: February 2017
markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Hello Kali7kos. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the day so much even with very high expectations. You are right to say my events can sell out in advance so it is best to plan ahead. I hope to see you again for another day (perhaps Italy or France vs New World). Thank you, Mark.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2017

As a Christmas present, our daughter bought my wife and I a one-off class with Cambridgeshire Wine School to learn about and sample Portuguese and Spanish wine. What an enjoyable and informative evening we had. Our lecturer was Mark Anstead and what a good and knowledgeable presenter he was. About twenty people attended the class and I am sure they all enjoyed the evening as much as we did.

So this class is highly recommended (whether in a group, couples, or solo) and my wife and I will certainly try to attend more that catch our interest.

Date of experience: January 2017

Hello Rihall

Thank you very much for your lovely review and I'm so glad you enjoyed the evening. All our evenings are themed around either parts of the world or particular styles of wine and I look forward to seeing you again for another occasion. Cheers, Mark.