“Informative and fun”

Footprints Tours Cambridge
Ranked #9 of 48 Tours in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Footprints Tour run a famous 2 hour walking tour around Cambridge, punting tours in Cambridge and our popular Cambridge bike tour.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have lived in Cambridge for a few years, but thought this would be a fun activity during a friend's visit. Matt was an excellent guide - friendly,knowledgeable and engaging. The trip to one of Cambridge's oldest colleges, Pembroke, was a highlight.
I would recommend this tour to locals wanting to know more about Cambridge, as well as visitors.

All reviews
"great introduction"
in 7 reviews
"funny anecdotes"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 6 reviews
"punting tour"
in 41 reviews
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Walking tours can go badly in a lot of different ways - too much or too little information, bad weather, too long or too short... Well, this one was just right. It was the right length of time, with a local, knowledgeable guide (Matt) who was able to answer every question folks tossed to him. He paced the group well and managed to keep track of all 35 of us (from 12 countries). A highlight of the tour was seeing Pembroke College Chapel - an early Christopher Wren commission - with Matt adding some interesting tidbits as to how Wren got the job. This tour was significantly better than walking tours I've done in a lot of other places, and I was more than happy to "pay what it was worth" at the end.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Matt was very knowledgeable, friendly, and keen and it was a good tour around Cambridge. Definitely worth the time, and be generous with your donations at the end.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visiting Cambridge, England when my husband attended a conference, I was looking for something I had not done on many previous visits. Online I came across the Footprints Tours 2 HOUR FREE walking tour, Cambridge. The time was right, 11:00 am and 2:00 pm and the place was easily accessible for me, just across for Kings' College in front of the Fudge Kitchen. There was an easy to follow map. I had never done a guided tour of the colleges.

Our guide set up a simple sign and when a moderate sized group gathered, we left on time and this turned out to be one of the best tours I have ever been on, which is saying a lot. Our guide was local, very knowledgeable, very enthusiastic and funny. He kept us moving and in the end, I finally had a good sense of how Cambridge came to be, how the University was formed, something about the 31 independent colleges that comprise the University and the famous people associated with them. These were two well spent hours.

No reservations are required, no fee required but if you enjoyed the tour (you will) you are asked to pay the amount you feel the tour was worth to you. This tour model was adopted from places in Europe by Oxford and has now spread to Cambridge, York and Bath.

1  Thank Barb K