“Great experience”
Review of Go Punting Cambridge - CLOSED

Go Punting Cambridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At Go Punting, we offer exclusive private river tours of the ‘College Backs’. Glide along and discover Cambridge’s extraordinary history from the comfort of a chauffeured punt. Rest assured, all of our tours are ‘private’- we will not add separate parties together to fill the punt. We feel this is the best way to unwind and take in the 7 colleges and 8 bridges that feature along the willow-fringed surroundings of the River Cam.So if you’re looking for a memorable get together ... Go Punting!
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked a punting session online and we had a wonderful experience being ferried for 45 minutes up and down the River Cam. Out punting maestro was well versed in the attractions en route which made our trip much more enjoyable. There was drama with collisions of punts and the loss of our punter's pole. What really made the difference was the weather it was glorious sunshine the next day it was raining hard and our sympathies went out to the traveller so all under umbrellas.

All reviews
"blankets"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hi
Lovely way to see Cambridge in all its glory. We had a great time a unique and different experience. My 7 year old and 13 year old definitely preferred it to looking around the city on foot.
We didn't book in advance and were pounced upon asking if we wanted a punt, the advertised price on the board was £20 per adult and £10 per child. When we hesitated at the cost and the thought of a coffee instead. He immediately said if we went now because it was early (10.30) and less busy he would do it for £10 per adult and £5 per child. We grabbed the bargain but at the quayside I then noticed the price advertised at £12.50 per person.....don't mind paying but hate it when the prices are different everywhere you look, you begin to feel like you have been had. We subsequently looked around Cambridge on foot and were pounced on three more times before leaving Cambridge, no shortage of where to look if you want a punt, but haggle over the price. I now wonder how low would they go!

2  Thank sandra6259
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked a small punt with Go Punting as a birthday treat for my sister on Sunday. Despite a frustrating experience of cancelling guests, miserable weather and missed trains, the team at Go Punting were flexible and accommodating and made it a really wonderful experience, and we ended up having a marvellous time. It was particularly appreciated that they were able to be accommodating, where bigger companies would have probably made us forfeit our booking. Thank you, Go Punting! You made our day.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Called this company early in April to inquire about a booking for May. Spoke to a very nice gentleman that gave me a very decent price for a group of 10 and seemed most laid back and accommodating. I explained that I did not wish to commit at the time and would it be possible to call nearer the date, when we would be more aware of how the weather would be on the day. You don't really want to go punting and then be really pouring down with rain. He was quite happy with it and said yes, of course. Punting in the rain is not fun. So he told me, call me on the 1st of May and we can then set out the details.

I duly called on the 1st of May as agreed and to my great surprised was then told oh well you did not call earlier so we cancelled your pre-booking. When I explained that I was following his own instructions, I was then told that perhaps I spoke to his brother. No, I did not, I spoke with you, "Oh, I see... is it possible to call you in half an hour?" was the reply that I did get. When I said I am sorry but it's not possible as I am at work, could you please call me at 4.30? I got a sure, will do so... Sadly and unsurprisingly, I never did get a call back and had to book, at last minute with a different punting company!

Clearly disappointed and unimpressed with this way to conduct business!

gopuntingcambridge, Owner at Go Punting Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hi Geopt,

If you would like to email us directly with all the details. I would be happy to look into this for you as we always aim to provide a high standard of service. We are disappointed by your comments and we do believe we provide an excellent standard of service as is evident by our other reviews on trip advisor. There are multiple independent punting companies working in Cambridge and it may be that you were in fact not booking with us? That being said, please contact us to discuss the matter further.