“Low quality Turkish food”
Review of Tulip Brasserie and Restaurant - CLOSED

Tulip Brasserie and Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I've been there twice to eat. I was expecting something quite nice both times. A standard mixed grill to show me what this place can do. It was really just poorly cooked flavoured and presented. The chicken was raw, the Adana was raw the shish was tough so over cooked and the the hummus dip was average, nothing special and there was so little of it.

I don't recommend this restaurant at this time until they start to get the flavouring and cooking times right.

Staff were attentive and lovey but the food just let it down.

Decor, not that good, its the icing on the already miserable cake.

Price, I was surprised to see the prices in comparison to London Turkish ocakbasi (grilled) restsurants, expensive!

Tulip, sort out your food, sort out décors and maybe you can back up such pricing.

2  Thank Nuur2014

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We booked a table for 19.00, but my girlfriends train got in to Cambridge an hour late so I had to call and push back our reservation-no problems at all. Staff we're very friendly and greeted me by name as I had spoken to them a few times on the phone! We had the set meal for two and were very impressed with the flavours and variety of food, as well as the service. Walked away very happy, full and looking forward to returning again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have found a hair in my food on two occasions. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. The lady then kicked up an argument with us and accused us of lying.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at Tulip, with it's good selection of vegetarian dishes and no-frills setting.

We shared bread with hummus and muska boregi to start. For mains we shared falafels and the vegetarian mousakka. All of it was tasty and well cooked, the bread in particular was scrummy. If I was being picky I'd say the mousakka was too oily but that may just be our taste.

We ordered baklava to take away with us and were disappointed at how very oily it was - a let down at the end of an otherwise very satisfying meal.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Return visit two nights running, first in six months greeted like old friends,especially by the wives owner.Food once again good, try the liver. Very plain restaurant but good value