“Sterile and unfriendly”

Cambridge Aero Club
Ranked #29 of 47 Tours in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you dreamed of an effortless flight through the skies, marvelling at stunning 360° views of Cambridge? Or maybe you’re after amazing, aerobatic thrills? Then our experience flights are for you! Experience flying one of our luxuriously equipped, modern aircraft or the excitement of taking to the skies in a high performance aerobatic aircraft similar to those used in the Red Bull Air Race. No experience required, you’ll fly with a fully qualified instructor.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Sterile environment, contrived atmosphere and unfriendly/indifferent staff. I liked the planes, but unfortunately nothing else. Would not recommend.

8  Thank big f

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

For my son's 21st birthday we wanted to give him something that would last for years - he chose a trial aerobatic flight and Luke gave him a 30min experience he will never forget! The only disappointment was no filming was possible.

4  Thank Jill W
Reviewed 3 July 2013

A friendly welcome from staff, followed by an introductory video of what to expect. I then experienced a 30 minute flight in the aerobatic plane, during which I was allowed to take the controls for short periods. I am pleased to say that despite pulling a G-force of 4 and several loops, I was able to keep my lunch down. A great experience for anyone who enjoys flying. Would highly recommend.

4  Thank Simon b
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I visited the aero club last weekend and flew in one of their cessna 172s. I had a 40 minute flight where I was able to take a passenger up with me. We flew over cambridge and the surrounding area. The views were spectacular. I had this flight bought for me as a present but was a bit weary as I am scared of flying but my instructor really put me at ease and it was definatly the best thing I have done; so much so I am planning my next trip! definatly worth it!! its the best way to see cambridge.

All I would say is make sure you book in advance as it can get booked up.

2  Thank toni497