“Appalling!!!! Will not be visiting again 2 strikes You're out”

The Cambridge Brew House
Ranked #60 of 689 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Cambridge Brew House is the perfect place to meet friends, relax and enjoy fine beers and a tempting selection of delicious fresh food. There is a cosy lounge bar and delightful dining areas, as well as our very own micro-brewery, and our 'craft beer wall'. We also have two fantastic rooms upstairs for private parties and offer many events for you to enjoy. Do come and see us! With our cracking Tank Room - This is the perfect place to catch the game!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Appalling!!!! Will not be visiting again 2 strikes You're out”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is the second time I have booked a table at this restaurant and been disappointed both times. The first time I telephoned a booking and when we arrived the booking was "not in the diary" so did not exist so we had to make do with a table which was booked from 7.oopm so we would have to vacate it by that time.
This time, to make sure, I went into the establishment and made sure that the booking was noted, along with my specific table. We were having friends down from Yorkshire so I wanted to Impress. When we arrived we were shown to a totally different table and when I complained I was told that they had a large booking for which they had used my table and "very sorry " but this was the only table available. As we were on a schedule to see a concert at the Corn Exchange we had to accept this table. We were given a free round of drinks to compensate but when I go to the trouble of booking a specific table I feel the restaurant should honour that booking

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Delndi

“Beers and food boards in a great setting”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've gone to the brewhouse quite a few times - mostly for drinks but for dinner a couple of times too.
The beer selection is really good, whether you like local craft beers or imported IPAs - they can be a little costly but I don't mind paying a bit more for a good brew! The mulled wine and cider offered over this past winter was also fantastic.
I've only ever ordered the boards so I cannot comment on the burgers, Sunday roast and other mains - though they'd run out of most of those on one of our Sunday late lunches, so make sure you get there early if you'd like roast on a Sunday!
The boards are good value for money, with lots of different ingredients and plenty to eat! But beware, the wait can be quite long if the place is busy.
And the place does get busy, especially on weekends and evenings, so make sure to book if you'd like food. The upstairs section is nice if you need a big table, it's also a lot less crowded.
We'll be going back for sure.

New York City, New York
“Best Sunday roast, just want I wanted”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

One of the biggest things I miss about England are the Sunday roasts. Of course I can make the same meal in America, there's just something about a lazy Sunday morning, strolling to the pub and filling up on a delicious roast dinner. Having been away from 'ol Blighty for months, I was craving such an experience during our trip back.

We came to The Cambridge Brew House by recommendation from a friend. The interior is eclectic and inviting with lots of character. We settled into a booth and ordered. My husband had the scotch eggs and fish and chips while I had the aforementioned roast dinner. Everything was absolutely delicious! Great service too, which is saying something coming from across the pond.

We'll definitely be back the next time we find ourselves in England, hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Visited October 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent atmosphere, friendly staff”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been to The Cambridge Brew House on a couple of occasions - the first was with a group of 12 or so people - the booking was sorted out by "Lou" who was very friendly and professional.

Considering the size of our group and how packed the restaurant was I was thoroughly impressed with how well the kitchen staff coordinated all of our dishes to ensure everyone's food came out at the same time whilst maintaining a high quality of food.

We were all very impressed - very generous portions and lovely, honest food reminiscent of home cooking.

The second time I went there was with my girlfriend and were greeted with the same friendly staff and the food was again excellent.

The place itself has a lot of character and the variety of drinks is really nice. The bar staff are very friendly and more than willing to give people tasters of they're not sure which drink to get from the vast selection they have.

Overall The Cambridge Brew House is quickly becoming my favourite pub in Cambridge - Well done!.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pub, great food”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Up in Cambridge the other day and a friend recommended this place I have to say I wasn't let down, amazed to see a micro brewery in the pub itself, couldn't get a fresher pint. just went for the burger and it was top notch and well priced. My mates and I had a great nights craic all round. will definitely be going back if I'm ever in the area again.