“Nice place, bad furniture and smell”

The Cambridge Brew House
Ranked #93 of 733 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: American, British, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cambridge Brew House is the perfect place to meet friends, relax and enjoy fine beers and a tempting selection of delicious fresh food. There is a cosy lounge bar and delightful dining areas, as well as our very own micro-brewery, and our 'craft beer wall'. We also have two fantastic rooms upstairs for private parties and offer many events for you to enjoy. Do come and see us! With our cracking Tank Room - This is the perfect place to catch the game!
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We dropped in for a pint before going out in Cambridge, Great selection of beers and ales something for everyone. Few moans , The furniture is rubbish and not really fit for a pub, all chairs are different and low arm chairs and sofas means 2 people took up spaces that more customers could use, staff were very slow at clearing tables. But by far the thing that made us leave after one pint was the smell. let me explain, They brew their own beers and with a micro brewery on site, this is great but the man was in there cleaning out the vat or still with the door open leading to the pub and the hop smell was terrible, I thought that possibly Friday evening was not the best time to do this especially with the door left open. too much to bear, so we went,Bye

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My daughter booked a 7pm table 3 days in advance of Mother's Day. We arrived to be told that most of the food had gone and the remaining 6 main courses had been scribbled on a scrap of paper by the waiter without any accompanying explanation of the dishes or the prices.
My dish sat on the serving shelves for 5 mins while my daughter's was prepared,so mine eventually arrived luke-warm. I sent it back and half of it was replaced hot leaving the remainder cold. I sent it back again for the rest to be replaced hot and by this time my daughter had finished her meal before I had even started mine. I made it clear to the manager and our waiter that we were less than happy with our meal.
The following day I went into the restaurant with a letter explaining our unhappy meal experience and had a long conversation with the deputy/acting manager who was most concerned to hear how so many things had gone wrong and how he was so pleased that I had not put my negative feedback on Tripadvisor but had given him the opportunity to speak face-to-face and would contact me in due course and would like to be given the opportunity to show me what the restaurant can really do on a good day. He took all contact details and despite my ringing again yesterday and speaking to a supervisor who took my contact details again, I have still not heard anything. It was not my wish to have to do this publicly on this site.

3  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have just returned from a weekend in Cambridge. We stopped off at the Brewhouse for lunch. I thought the place was excellent. Food and range of beers on tap was great and the vibe was very relaxed. If you are ever looking for a place to chill out for a few hours then I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

On our trip to Cambridge we stopped in for some lunch not knowing what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. The food is amazing!!! The atmosphere was quirky and a step into the old country. Down to the fresh herbs on the table as centerpieces to the old flooring as the walls. Down to the way the bill was presented was just cool! The waiter was a charming guy. The smoked food was amazing. There was not a long wait at all! The dirty burger was amazing My mother in law was excited to have a jug of her favorite Ale. Would go every time I was in cambridge if I lived in the area.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

There aren't many pubs where one has the choice of standing at the bar , sitting round a table , or relaxing on a comfortable sofa - all in the same room as the micro-brewery( behind glass )producing the excellent " house bitter " . The food is good and the service outstanding .
Half a century ago there were 8 pubs in King Street , all selling appalling , virtually undrinkable bitter . Now , within one of the remaining pubs , there are at least 8 proper beers , all excellent . The Cambridge Brew House restores my faith in the future of England .