“Such a warm and welcoming environment...”

The Cambridge Brew House
Ranked #53 of 721 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: American, British, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Cambridge Brew House is the perfect place to meet friends, relax and enjoy fine beers and a tempting selection of delicious fresh food. There is a cosy lounge bar and delightful dining areas, as well as our very own micro-brewery, and our 'craft beer wall'. We also have two fantastic rooms upstairs for private parties and offer many events for you to enjoy. Do come and see us! With our cracking Tank Room - This is the perfect place to catch the game!
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Warm and friendly environment where the service and value is exceptional. Likewise, the food is consistent and of excellent quality - we've never been disappointed. Highly recommended for a coffee or glass a wine, and just a serious nosh-up.

1  Thank DoctorGratton
CambridgeBrewhouse, Manager at The Cambridge Brew House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thanks for the blinding review DoctorGratton it is very much appreciated here by all of the staff.
Pop back soon to try something from our new Wine List or new Menu or even just a coffee and a chat with us.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Good vibes, friendly staff, amazing food and drink!! Can I recommend the lamb shoulder, delish! Thank you cambridge brew house.

1  Thank Georgina M

Thanks for the review Georgina.
The Lamb was one of our favourite dishes on the menu too, we have a new menu out and the recommendation from our Chefs is to try the Pork, if you thought the Lamb was good then you are in for a real treat with the Pork Belly.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The pub has a great atmosphere as well as great food. Our server Rory was also a delight. Keep up the good work!

I have passed this message onto Rory who has expressed his thanks for the lovely review.
We look forward to seeing you again (soon we hope)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been here with a friend for lunch in the week and found it very good so was disappointed when I went with my husband on Saturday.
It was fairly busy, though not rammed, and there seemed to be plenty of staff serving. It took 40 minutes for our food to come after ordering which is forgivable if the food blows you away. Unfortunately it didn't. I ordered the chicken coconut curry off the special board (£11) and when it arrived it was cold. You could hear the kitchen ringing for food delivery and see that no one was going to take the food out so it sat there for a while til it got to me. It looked congealed and wasn't even lukewarm. I returned it and asked for it to be heated up which they did. I then saw the kitchen staff put it out and ring for service and it sat there and sat there til I eventually got up and went to get it myself. I was just beaten to it by a waiter, and I was obviously quite annoyed having sent it back because it was cold and just seeing it sitting there going cold again.
When I tasted it there was no obvious coconut flavour, in fact it tasted like a very average chicken madras. Very disappointing.
My husband had the poissson which was OK, but nothing to write home about.
On paying the bill I did let the waiter know my food had been cold and didn't taste like a coconut curry, which he said (with low enthusiasm) that he would pass on to the kitchen.
Very disappointing visit

1  Thank JKerr88

First of all please let me apologise for the experience you had with us, it is not our normal service or standards. We strive to be the best in the area and normally have warm friendly staff on at all times. Something we pride ourselves in.
Regarding your curry I have spoken to the kitchen team and to the staff who were on then. Extra training has been provided to the staff to ensure that this will not happen again and both would like to apologise for the disappointing time.
If you would like to discuss this further we would be happy to help, by either phoning us or emailing us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to the Cambridge Brew House a couple of times in July, one of which for a friends' 30th birthday party in the private room upstairs, and latterly for a lunch time retreating point on a stag do.

On both occasions the food impressed. It is not amazing, and nor does it try to be. Priced in the £7-£15 price bracket, it is entry level food, yet it is done very well. If you're a vegetarian then their vegetarian burgers are delightful. I love a steak, and a beef burger yet having tried the sweet potato burger, I can say vegetarians are in safe hands as it was delicious.

A big plus to the Brew House, is obviously, the home brew. This is very much an ales pub (whilst oblivious of course serving branded favourites) and has a wide array to choose from. My choice was the strawberry cider at 6% and a particular treat.

All in all, I like this place. Could become my favourite pub in Cambridge.

Hi Jimmy,
Thanks for the review and the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the Cider we had on, at the moment it's Elderflower but I am sure the Strawberry will make a triumphant return soon.
If you enjoyed the Veggie burger then pop over and give our new menu a try, many more delicious options are available.