“Mouthwatering”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Mouthwatering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Well managed, very pleasant staff and food is amazing. Always greeted well and made to feel welcome. I did notice some one was confused by the ordering system in a earlier review. I found it to be quite simple and it even has a section where you can request food to be more to your taste. More or less spicy if required. The lamb massaman is one of my favourites when i go but i also love the HUGE butterfly king prawns. I am slowly working my way thru the menu and have not been disappointed with any of the meals so far. Very pleasant atmosphere and you can tell right away that a lot of the people there are repeat trade, always a good sign to me!

• Visited May 2013

Sheffield, England
“Does a job but don't expect a special meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

We ate here on our 2nd night in Cambridge fancying something lighter than the red meat based meals we'd had to date. It's OK. The food was good enough, but the place lacks atmosphere and has one of those pointlessly over complicated ordering system that really adds nothing to the experience. It did a job but we wouldn't hurry back.

Visited April 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

My friends and I went out for a Friday evening meal! We ordered 3 starters, 3 mains and 2 desserts! I was impressed!! Their chicken satay is perfect and the pad thai is the best I've ever had! We also had soft shelled crab and it was definitely worth it. To finish off we had banana fritters and pandan pancakes which were to die for! I am definitely going back again.

1 Thank Theo0312
Bedfordshire
“Fantastic Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a fantastic Thai meal in Shabu Shabu. Food was very authentic and large portions, so don't over order!! Highly recommend the Satay pork and the massaman curry. We loved it so much we also ate the following evening. Good value for money. Service was very good too and the restaurant was warm and welcoming, despite the weather out side. Would highly recommend and although we live in Bedford, we will probably make this our regular Thai restaurant to visit.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not good enough”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

The food was good and well-prepared (rather spicier than the menu would imply). However, the staff were over-worked for the number of guests and so the service level was poor. Half way through the evening, the air conditioning was switched on resulting in icy blasts of cold air - a family nearby had to wrap up in all their coats. Requests to two staff were met by 'thank you sir' and then ignored. As regular diners in Cambridge, this establishment will certainly not be on the 'worth a re-visit list'.