“About average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
“About average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

The food here was definitely mixed. The soup we had for starter was quite nice. The sea food tended towards the chewy but that always seems to be the case with prawn and squid. The main, a Chef's Special Lamb Massaman curry, was not what I had hoped for. The sauce tasted more like gingerbread than carefully spiced Thai food and the lamb was gristly, to the point where I had to spit some out (my British politeness gene went haywire). I wouldn't choose to eat there again but it was a harmless enough place with decent service.

Visited July 2013

Cambridge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food ok. Service painfully slow!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We decided to try Shabu Shabu as our favourite TeriAki was pretty busy.
Our visit got off to a shaky start as the waitress greeted us with a rather doubtful sounding "You want Thai food?"
There was aparently a party in the function room, but the rest of the restaurant was pretty empty. Staff were slow to take our order and even slower to deliver it. We were considering walking out, as the couple on the adjacent table had done, when finally some nibbles arrived to sustain us till our order was ready.
Mains were delivered before the starters which meant a rather confused meal.
The food was ok, but not exceptional and certainly not worth the wait.
We won't be hurrying back!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MPHCambridge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I really enjoy the side and the food. However, the service was terrible. When the first arrived, the waitress there welcome us with an unpleasant look. We ordered a portion of hotpot and asked whether it contained noodles already and received an answer no. So we had to order plain noodles on the side.However, when the hotpot came there was noodles in it???? And it was the wrong soup base as well. Very unpleasant. I will not recommend any of my friends to go there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shine1994
“Shocking!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Been here before and ok. However this time was shocking! The food was forgotten and when it did arrive it was cold! When pointed out the manageress blamed us (the customers) and No apology was offered.......truly disappointing and terrible

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tattiteddi
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Mouthwatering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Well managed, very pleasant staff and food is amazing. Always greeted well and made to feel welcome. I did notice some one was confused by the ordering system in a earlier review. I found it to be quite simple and it even has a section where you can request food to be more to your taste. More or less spicy if required. The lamb massaman is one of my favourites when i go but i also love the HUGE butterfly king prawns. I am slowly working my way thru the menu and have not been disappointed with any of the meals so far. Very pleasant atmosphere and you can tell right away that a lot of the people there are repeat trade, always a good sign to me!

• Visited May 2013