“Awful Takeaway. ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Ordered a relatively expensive meal with China City and one hour and a half later, half an hour after the predicted time, an indistinguishable mound of food turned up.

The "crispy" shredded beef turned out to be lumps of soggy undercooked meat.

The chicken satay we had ordered miraculously had turned into some amount of brown pork which looked as if a pig carcass had been chucked in a blender.

We called to ask what had happened and were told that the correct order was on its was. So we waited and waited but were let down once again. Nothing arrived.

Best part of the meal? The diet coke we ordered.

We would love to know what happened.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Most of these reviews are from people who have been to the restaurant, and I couldn't help noticing how bad they were on the whole! I moved to Cambridge recently and have struggled to find take away places as good as those I am familiar with back home but I recently had take away from here and it was outstanding. After reading some of the bad reviews I thought I should mention how good their food is because people have mainly been talking about the state of the building (which I have no idea about to be honest!) rather than the food. Me and my boyfriend got a set meal each, the portions were generous and great value which is really important if you're a student! Food arrived promptly and we got free prawn crackers with our order!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Worst chinese restaurant I've ever been to poor service as said before in reviews loads of Chinese ppl but none eattin from buffet had they own drinks aswell very noisy.replenishment was none existent same as desserts was not impressed

Reviewed 4 February 2014

After reading the reviews on here , i must admit to being very dubious about going but it was a groupon voucher and thought we would give it a go. The waitress was very helpful and welcoming , yes, i agree some areas could have been better but our table was clean and presentable and all cutlery was clean . The buffet was very hot and had a good selection. The buffet was replenished frequently with more tasty,hot food. Maybe peoples expectations are very high but it was all we wanted for a lovely, lunch time special - the toilets were looking tired and in need of a re-vamp like the rest of the restaurant but was clean - although we did see some mould,mildew in areas. We would definitely go back again .

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

This place needs to be condemned. The building is damp and cold. Look at the ceiling and it is dripping with mildew and mold. You will catch something nasty here. The floor is wet with puddles. My clothes feel damp.

As for food it takes over an hour and a half to arrive and we were are still waiting.... oh just 5 minutes, it's on its way, just a moment, I thought it was served...

The toilets are upstairs along with the karaoke rooms. They look quite bad. Noticed a kitchen with rubbish strewn across the floor. It doesn't seem too hygienic to me. Perhaps that's why one of the other comments states it gets 1/5 for "hygiene scores on the doors". And the smell, what is that?

The food arrived and was actually quite authentic. Not sure it would appeal to western taste though, it might be a bit too authentic. We took a few bits from the buffet while waiting for the ordered food to be cooked, it seems pretty standard for a Chinese buffet but maybe the food was a bit cold. The staff did seem to be regularly refilling the buffet until quite late but I wasn't close enough to tell how plentiful it was.

There are far better restaurants in town. If you want real Chinese I would suggest 7 days by far. Even restaurants in China aren't this bad, they should be ashamed.

I won't be coming back here again!