“Almost perfect!”
Review of The Olive Grove

The Olive Grove
Ranked #19 of 713 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Olive Grove opened its doors for the first time on the 1st of April 2013 in Cambridge, UK; bringing from Greece the long-standing culinary tradition of the Maniot Kontakos family. Since 1992, the family has been providing executive hospitality & catering services through its Greek subsidiaries the Capari Suites, the Kouzini and the Canal.Today we aim to bring traditional Greek food with artisan twists of our Chef Mr Joseph Zanaty transforming the Greek food you know & like to food that will dazzle and instantly earn your love.
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Visited my for 21st birthday and was made to feel special immediately with the offer of free deserts of our choice!

The service was lovely if a little slow, but the biggest disappointment was the main dish! I opted for chicken with potatoes and was disappointed to find no greens (or any kind of veg) was served with it at all. It looked dull on the plate and it tasted dull to eat, and very oily. A few green beans would have lifted it perfectly.

My partner loved his mixed grill though!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after searching on Trip Advisor. Very traditional and tasty food and drink. The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly David.

Would recommend this restaurant to anyone living in or visiting Cambridge.

3  Thank TravellerFi123
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had (early) dinner here on a Monday night. The ground floor seating was full and I sat in a street viewing table on the second floor. The atmosphere, the service and the food was excellent. I had a very fresh greek salad, and a very tasty lamb kebab (with pita and fries/chips). All was OK, except the slow service. I don't mind the slow service since I was by myself and had time to burn, but having only one waiter for the whole restaurant is really not enough during dinner service.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

5 of us went to The Olive Grove for dinner and had a variety of dishes between us and all were very tasty and well cooked. The atmosphere was perfect with the restaurant being busy there was a lot of conversation going on and you could sense everybody having a good time. I struggled to choose so opted for the mixed grill and this was excellent, others chose sea bass, chicken skewers, lamb skewers and kleftico and all were happy.

We would go back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We visited the restaurant a week ago. We have ordered chicken souvlaki which it was good but kleftiko was a bit cold when it arrived.
The service were not great as we had order our drinks in the same time as the food and apparently we never got our drinks. We had to remind the waiter and it seems that he has forgot them!

1  Thank 123,838,390,113