“For the love of wine”

Cambridge Food & Wine Society
Ranked #23 of 32 Shopping in Cambridge
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My company asked me to travel from the US to help out in our office 'over the pond' in Cambridge. Being a wine lover, part of my planning was to see what kind of wine events were planned in the area during my stay. I 'Googled' and found a fabulous event put on by the Cambridge Food & Wine Society that included a guided punt ride on the River Cam, wine, and supper on a private terrace.

Enrollment was a breeze, and The Society was very responsive to my inquiries via email regarding the details. I met the group at the Granta Pub, right off of the river. I received a glass of Pimms lemonade infused with strawberries, cucumbers, and fresh mint. As I entered the boat and sipped it while seeing the sites of Cambridge, including several of the areas old (very old) colleges.

Upon return, we were greeted with a glass of sparkling and then treated to a feast of salads, burgers, sausages, and vegetarian options. At the tables was a lovely Bottled of well chilled el Mazo Sauv Blanc and a Tempranillo.

The group leader prepared a fun quiz about Pimms, and offered a bottle of their newest release as prizes. (I was lucky enough to win one!) Everyone in the group was so very friendly, and welcoming....made me feel right at home and very glad that I came!

The Society has events every month, and various tastings throughout Cambridge. I highly recommend attendance to one by any visiting wine lover, who is looking for a pleasant evening with new friends. I know that I will be looking them up when next I visit!!

1  Thank Misti R